Memories

I grabbed the handle of the door, took a deep breath, and opened the door...
********************
RECAP: [Incase you forgot!]
Alex has been having a normal teenage life until she got chased one day by a person who wanted to kidnap her. An investigator heard about it and he went to investigate; he suspects something unusual about Alex.

She's been followed again but this time very near her house. Right after she escaped from her stalker and returned home, someone knocked at her door. Who is it now?
********************
Alex P.O.V:

"Who are you??"

I asked the first thing that came into my mind. I gazed at the the person in front of me, searching for any sign of a weapon he could be hiding.

He opened his mouth to speak. "Eddie," he said. "Eddie hardstone." My brows furrowed together. "May I help you?" I asked.

He looked down to his feet, as if hesitated to speak. "I know how your brother died," he finally said. I kept staring at him, trying to read him. He looked depressed and nervous.

As for me, I felt a pang of guiltiness crash over me that I wanted to cry. I, who is his sister, didn't know how he died. Then comes this stranger whom I've never ever met in my whole life telling me he knows how my brother died?

That's just. Sad.

I was hesitant at first. Should I let him in or not? But curiosity finally took over. "Come in," I finally said.
******************************* [later on]

I made us two cups of tea and we sat down. "So..." I started. "What did you want to tell me?"

He took a deep breathe before letting it all out.

"To begin this, I'd have to first tell you why I was out and all. I am a wolf hunter. As the name tells- I hunt wolves. There are other wolf hunters too. We all go out together when there is any sign of wolves in the forest.

So one night, on a full moon, we heard howling in the distance. It wasn't far away from us, so we decided to go and check it out. From what we could hear, there were a couple of wolves out there. However, the closest ones were only two; we went to gather our gear quickly."

He took a sip from his tea before going back to the story.

"We took off aiming for the whereabouts of the howling. We trudged through the forest as silently and as quickly as possible, until we finally caught sight of them.

We were damn right. There were two of them. We went closer to them to get better aim but they sensed us and ran off.

We followed them; simultaneously splitting up the group. However, I had one of the wolves right in front of me. We were coming closer to the edge of the forest, when he suddenly disappeared.

I tried pinning him down, piercing my eyes, trying to make the wolf out through the darkness, until I spotted a movement in the bushes. I immediately let out a shot.

Instead of hearing the cry of a wolf though, I heard the painful cry of a young boy. When I got to him, he was already dead. You guessed him, it was your brother."

My mouth was literally hanging open and my eyes were becoming teary. Soon my vision blurred and tears were streaming down my face. I buried my face in my hands. Not because I was embarrassed, but because I never knew this before. And because it brought back painful memories.

Normal siblings these days would fight together over little things and they might be a little tense when they are together. That wasn't how my brother and I were. We were really close to each other. He was so caring for me and I loved him alot.

'People who love the most get hurt the most.'

After a while, I heard Eddie murmur an apology then hurry to leave, shutting the door quietly behind him. After he left, I let out everything I had and continued sobbing for the next two hours.

Without noticing, I had already fallen asleep on the couch. I woke up to the ringing of my phone. I cleared my throat and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Hi Alex, how are you doing? This is Owen."

Oh great. "Umm.. Yes?"

"I was just calling to ask if I can come by tomorrow and take you for your DNA test?"

"Sure, I'm okay with that," I answered. I wasn't actually. I didn't feel like I wanted to go anywhere for a while, but I didn't want him to keep asking me questions. I quickly hung up with him and went to my room.

I took a cold shower which made me feel really refreshed and relaxed. I changed into my pink, comfy pyjamas. Afterwards, I went over to my bed and fell into a deep sleep. Not knowing that this might be the last peaceful sleep I get in a while...
________________________

I am SOOO sorry for not updating in a long while! I know this chapter is really short and I am sorry for that too. However, more exciting events will be coming soon in the next few chapters!
Please continue to...
1- VOTE
2-COMMENT
They really help! If you like this chapter just press the VOTE button. Doesn't take a second to do that!
Thanks for staying with me till now.

-manarMaka~