Noticed (Part 2)

Alex's P.O.V:

The flaming hot sun burned my skin as we walked alongside the river where the trees were less denser. Nick had said that we could get lost if we wandered around too much in the thick cover of trees. We have been walking for nearly 6 hours now and my legs were hurting like hell but Nick said it would be dangerous to stop. What's up with him? He used to be the one who always ran into trouble when we were kids, but lately he's been very cautious with everything he did.

Nick had made me run away with him and yet he hasn't told me why; every-time I try to open up the same topic he would avoid it. So right now, I have a million questions dancing in my head, and being the stupid me I feel like I should know some of them without being told. But of-course I don't and just trying to gives me a headache.

I'm not so dumb of-course to not figure out that Owen is following me for a specific reason. He obviously didn't  seem like a doctor so why else would he take interest in me? Why did he do all these checkups for me without even knowing who I am...?

Or does he?

Suddenly I bumped into a soft object and looked up to see Nick has stopped. "What are you-" I started before she shushed me and stepped a little to the side for me to see. A fisherman was crouching on the bank of the river holding his fishing rod in the water, but he hasn't spotted us yet.

Nick grabbed my hand and quickly but quietly dragged me behind him as we went back into the forest canopy and made a wide circle around the man. "We'll go for a bit longer and then stop for a break," he spoke. "Can't we just rest here for while?" I whined and tugged on his shirt's sleeve. "No," he plainly said and continued walking. I sighed and followed behind.

~Time Skip~

"FINALLY," I threw my self on the bed of grass under me and just planted my face in it, enjoying the softness of it. "Don't blame me if a bug crawls on your face while you are like that," he snorked. "Eww," I muttered as I pushed my self into a sitting position and gently brushed my face.

"So... When is lunch?" I asked hoping for the answer in my mind. "When we get to the station I'll buy something," he answered. "How much longer till we get there?" "An hour." I groaned. An hour was too much considering the fact that I only ate an apple in the morning, WHICH NORMALLY NEVER HAPPENED TO ME. Eating four sandwiches in the morning was my usual.

But then I'd starve 20 minutes later.

Nothing normal has been going on lately anyways and I'm just wishing everything is just a dream where I would wake up back at my house eat some pancakes for breakfast. My stomach rumbled at the thought while I groaned. I should stop thinking about food.

"Let's go," I heard Nick say and I turned in his direction to see him ready as always. He lent me a hand and pulled me upright as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

Time for another fascinating walk!-(note the sarcasm)
________________
Nick's P.O.V:

First thought that came to mind: This place is just SO crowded. That was actually good because it means we can blend into the crowd without getting noticed. I held Alex's hand; so I wouldn't lose her. I scanned the area for anything suspicious. There seemed to be some cameras spread around the place.

We passed by some mini shops and I bought a cap, which I put on immediately. I whispered to Alex to put on her hoodie as well.

Luckily there were some tickets left for the next train, which seemed really weird since the place was stuffed with people. The next train was set after 10 minutes, so we waited patiently till then. Alex had bought us some sandwiches which were all wolfed down fast, and I was surprised I hadn't noticed I was really hungry until then.

My eyes darted around the place searching for anyone that could be watching. My senses were all on fire that I felt if someone touched me I'd jump 2 feet high.

Finally the train arrived and pulled in. We were the last to board and as we did I heard a few gasps and exclaims. It seemed Alex heard it too because we both turned on the same time to spot two people running our direction with their eyes set on us.

I hurriedly pushed Alex into the train as I boarded behind her. I watched as the two men approached us with rapid speed while the train remained still.

10 feet.

6 feet.

The train's engine started and lurched a bit forward.

4 feet.

I held my breath as I silently prayed for our safety, and watched the men get dangerously close.

2 feet.

-----------------------------

Aaaaaaand... cliff hanger!!

-------------------------- (Lol, JK xD)

Just as the men were going to jump on the train, two officers stopped them and pushed them away. The men started arguing and explaining things briefly to them but as when they finished we were already on our way.

Alex and I let out a sigh of relief and went to find a seat for us. Alex muttered, "that was so damn close." I nodded as we sat down beside each other, me taking the window seat.
Alex didn't argue as she soon fell asleep on my shoulder. I hesitantly put an arm around her and pulled her close.

I glanced at our ticket to check our stop- New York City. Sleep soon found its way to me when I was still countering the fact that we might be walking right into a trap.

----------------------------------
Somebody's P.O.V:

"You lost her again?!" I shouted through the phone.

"I truly apologise sir, my assistants were close but got held back by some officers," The other person replied.

I sighed. "Do you happen to know who was with her?"

The other person tensed. "Uh... It was the previous guy we were chasing."

"Nick?!" I yelled through the phone.

"Y-yes, sir," the man replied nervously.

I exhaled soundly through my nostrils trying to calm my self down. "I'll give you another chance Owen. And make sure they don't get hurt by any means."

"Yes, thank you sir," Owen said, more relieved this time.
____________________
A/N:

NOW it's over. xD Longest chapter I've written in a while!! I'm actually creating this story as I'm going through, so I'm not planning ahead. That also was one of the reasons I stopped writing for a while. STAY AWAY WRITER'S BLOCK. >->

And as always, I will see you, in the next chapter!!~ (Reminds you of someone? *wink* *wink*)