Chapter 29

Rui's Pov

"Are you..." he looked at the piece of paper in his hand, "...Rui? By any chance?"

I felt my body become stiff as soon as he said my name. "Yes, and who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. I came to visit you," he replied, " Can I take a seat next to you?" he politely asked in a gentle voice.

"Of course, go ahead."

After hearing my approval, he gestured a small nod before placing the piece of paper in his pocket and slowly making his way to the leather chair that was next to me. While I continued to watch him get closer to me using only his crutch, my thoughts were a mess.

Why is he so pretty?

Why is he so handsome?

You can't be pretty and handsome at the same time, but he made it possible.

Wait, why is he here to visit me?

Oh my gosh, he's sitting right next to me.

Wait, he also has nice manners.

Why is he such a gentleman?

I can't believe this is happening to me!

I took a deep breath to calm myself down from excitement. My heart was beating so fast that it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. Taehyung finally took his seat and set aside his crutch beside him. Looking up at me, he looked down and formed a soft smile, realizing that my face was flushed with pink on my cheeks.  As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was blushing; and he knew that.

Snapping out of it, he broke the silence between us both, "Are you feeling alright? Does your head hurt?"

I gently grazed the tips of my fingers along the side of my head and flinched at the stinging pain that shot through. "My head hurts, but at least I'm awake now. I just woke up from a coma last night."

He nodded. "That's good to hear... that's good to hear..."

I nodded awkwardly. "Yup..."

Again, the silence was killing me.

If I wasn't so nervous then maybe he and I would have something to talk about!

"So... do I know you-"

Suddenly, the door opened with a rush of voices and footsteps trampling into the room. Coming around the corner, I saw Jungkook and a few other men he had brought along with him. But before they could approach me, they silently gasped at the presence of Taehyung and immediately respectably bowed to him.

"Master V," they all said in sync together.

They must be his bodyguards.

Taehyung made a small hand gesture to them before they stood up straight in their places, trembling as tears streamed down their faces. All of them sniffled while trying to maintain their composure. Engulfed in a mix of emotions of relief and happiness did they try to contain them while being in his presence. Their prayers were silently granted and the miracle happened. They can finally be at ease.

Seeing that they wouldn't stop wiping their tears, Taehyung widened both his arms, "Come here, guys."

Not wasting any second longer, Jungkook quickly wheeled himself and the others ran to Taehyung's side. All of them formed a group hug. Everyone finally let out the tears that they'd been holding in and cried to their hearts' content while Taehyung silently rubbed their backs in comfort.