Chapter 1

Rui's Pov

Kim Taehyung... his name matches him so well.

My heart fluttered as I silently muttered his name under my breath.

He's so sweet, I hope we get to know more about each other later on.

Before I could have some thought from his compliment, my name was called out by the teacher, "Rui, what congruence will these triangles have?"

"Side-Angle-Side congruence," I answered back quickly.

"Correct. Well done, Miss Choi. I'm assuming that you may have already gone through these lessons from your old school?" he asked.

"Yes, we have," I replied.

He gave me a nod before he continued to teach. I let out a sigh of relief for I knew that I wasn't paying attention yet I was able to answer correctly.

That wouldn't give me a good first impression on my first day if I was caught.

I looked to my left to see Taehyung stealing a glance from me and fixed his glasses when he knew he was caught red-handed and quickly turned away.

I let out a soft chuckle to see how flustered he was. "Cute..." 

He grew even more flustered when he heard me say it loud enough for him to only hear. 

||

It was lunchtime now since half of the day has passed by.

I got up from my seat and made my way toward my locker until a group of girls came up to me.

"Tell me, do you seem to find Taehyung attractive?" she asked.

I didn't respond while I kept on rummaging through my locker to find the lunch that I had placed since this morning.

"Hey! I asked you a question and you should answer it! It's only your first day here and you're already being so disrespectful?"

I gave out a sigh before I turned around to face her with a smile to cover up my annoyance.

"I think he seems alright. Is there something wrong?" I asked as I closed my locker and began walking past them.

"He's different, I just wanted to tell you that." She shrugged as she followed me.

"By the way, my name is Eunbee."

"And what's wrong with him being different?" I emphasized, ignoring her introduction. 

"He's not normal, okay? He may be really attractive but he's not in his right mind. It's like he has the brain of an 8-year-old."

I scoffed. 

How unbelievable.

"And? Is there something wrong with that?"

"You'll embarrass yourself. Trust me, if you get involved with him-"

"Whoever I want to be with and want to be friends with is none of your concern and you're certainly not in charge of me. Whether I make my own decisions or not, I don't need you to choose for me. Thank you very much." 

I walked even faster so that I could get away from them but they managed to keep up with my pace making me curse in my head.

"By the way, you know that Jooyoung guy? Everyone thinks he may have feelings for you."

"Was I supposed to know that?" I questioned, not interested as to where this was going.

"I thought you needed someone to remind you."