Chapter 4

Rui's Pov

"I guess I was right when you had a thing for roses."

We both were sitting at the same place that we came to last night. There was a table set for us with a fancy tray that held rose tea, white chocolate that had rose petals mixed in, and many other delicacies. 

"W-Well then, you guessed right," Taehyung answered.

I let a shy smile spread across my face as I looked down to see Taehyung's knee drastically shaking.

He took notice of my look and immediately stopped before I could say anything.

Taehyung felt nervous after reading the love letters that his crush received from other boys, especially the one that was from Jooyoung.

She couldn't possibly leave him and be together with his bully who has made his life a living hell, right?

"Taehyung!"

He suddenly flinched at the loud voice that screamed at him.

"Are you okay? You've been zoning out ever since we got here and I tried calling you but you couldn't hear me. Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"What?... Oh, wait- no! No, no, no, nothing is wrong! Nothing is wrong!" he answered back rather too quickly.

"Are you sure? You don't seem quite yourself after school ended," I asked again worriedly. 

"I'm fine Rui. Nothing is going on. I guess I just lacked sleep these past few days," Taehyung chuckled nervously. I wasn't gonna have it, but I couldn't keep on pestering him with questions for the whole afternoon so I stopped.

"Alright, if you say so..." I looked away to my right to see the back of Taehyung's mansion and the beautiful gardens that lay before our eyes. 

'If I could paint this, I can do it blindfolded. This is so beautiful...' I thought to myself.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the roses' scent surrounding me and letting the breeze gently come past me. This was all just too perfect, almost as if it was heaven.

Before I could further savor my surroundings, I heard a camera snap across from my left and quickly opened my eyes to see Taehyung holding a camera in his hands.

"W-Would you like t-to see your p-picture?...You just looked so b-beautiful and so r-relaxed that I had to capture t-the moment." Taehyung immediately blushed.

"Do I not look beautiful every other day?" I teased him.

"No, no, you always look beautiful! I-I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, Tae," I laughed.

I brought my hand out for him to give me his camera and he hesitantly handed it over to me.

I looked at the picture that he took and gosh was he so good at photography. I observed it and saw how my long earring and my hair was swayed back by the soft breeze and how my small smile made a gentle crease on my face while I closed my eyes in contentment. The background behind me showed the rose maze that Taehyung and I attended last night and the sky so blue with its fluffy white clouds. Everything in the picture was taken professionally, except the picture wasn't clear, it was very vintage.

"Wow..." I let out speechlessly.

"D-Do you like i-it?" he questioned eagerly. 

"This is so cool! Where did you learn how to do this kind of thing?" 

"I take classes in the summer, i-it was my decision of course! I love art! They taught me how to paint, how to take pictures, how to dance, ball dance to be exact. A-And how to manage my businesses, and how to have good taste in style, food, smell, fashion, and more! I've been taking these classes since I was very, very young!" 

"M-My grandma made me take these classes, but if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have known that art was my specialty!" He smiled proudly.

I couldn't do anything but be amazed by his love and talent for art.

I adored his passion.

"You're so talented, but next time, don't take a picture of me when I don't know." I teased him.

"S-Sorry..." he looked down in guilt but suddenly his head flew straight up and he looked at me excitingly. 

"Oh! I even won many competitions for my paintings a-and for photography! H-Here, let me show you!"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me as we both ran towards the mansion, but he suddenly stopped, making me bump into his body harshly.

"Hey, why did you stop-"

He grabbed my hand that he was holding and worked my fingers around his until our hands intertwined, "There, that's much better." He smiled at me as we continued to jog towards the mansion.

||

"This is unbelievable..." 

We went through his mansion, up the stairs, into his room, and what do you know? He had a secret door that led to his private study, his art studio, and a large room that hung all his pictures and paintings. 

They were all separated into three rooms and were all connected by doors, but there was one particular door in his art studio that was behind the stained curtains.

I went towards it and caressed the knob, "Taehyung, you haven't shown me this room yet, what's in there?"

"Hm?" He let out carelessly and as soon as he saw me his eyes widened.

"D-Don't go in there!" he nervously said as he walked towards me quickly.

"Why not?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"I-It's just-" He looked back at the door and returned his gaze to me, "I-I don't want anyone to see what I have in there, y-you know? It's just paintings, but it's a surprise! It's one of my newest paintings that I've done recently and so I don't want anyone to look at them yet until it's finished!" He smiled, trying to convince me.

I nodded slowly, giving him an understanding look. I mean, it would be rude of me to invade his privacy.

"Of course..." I said before walking out.

"And you'll be the first to see it once it's done." He said as I turned around to see him give me his famous smile.

Author's Pov

After Taehyung had dropped off Rui home and had spent his afternoon studying for upcoming exams, he stepped out of bed and went to the secret door.

He went through his study room and opened the door that led to his art studio.

He walked to the door that his love questioned him about earlier and opened it slowly.

He turned on the light switch and there, in the middle of the tiny room, was a portrait of Rui's face and half of her body painted, the other half waiting to be finished. It looked so real as if she was there. 

Every single detail, every single imperfection, was not to be missed.

A small smirk formed on Taehyung's lips tugged to his right, he gave out a small chuckle as he caressed the girl in the painting's cheek.

The innocent chuckle soon turned into a malicious laugh of horror as his mind was suddenly filled with the corruption of just the idea of her.

----------

Please leave a vote and comment❤(シ_ _)シ