Chapter 18

Author's Pov

Standing in the large crowd at the airport, the CEO stood near the entrance, waiting for his son to arrive from abroad. Wearing his black tuxedo and his shiny black shoes along with his bodyguards that stood protectively beside him, his frown immediately curved into a smile as soon as he saw his son's presence appear before him.

"Dad! I missed you so much," his son said with a smile before he engulfed his father in a warm hug.

"I missed you too, Sunghoon," the CEO said as he wrapped his arms around his son.

Both father and son soon let go of each other's embrace and stared into each other's eyes.

"You've grown up well, my son. What was it like in the states? Was it cool?" he asked.

"I've been there for quite a while, I think it'll take some time for me to get familiar with everything here now that I'm home," Sunghoon said as he grabbed his suitcase, "Oh yeah, speaking of home, is Jooyoung at home? Why didn't he come here with you?"

Kihyun stopped in his tracks and turned to look at him, "I'll... talk to you about him when we get home," he said reassuringly before he continued walking.

Sunghoon looked at his father in confusion.

Did Jooyoung make Dad upset again? What did he do this time?

He shook his head before following his dad from behind.

"So you asked me to come back home for something because it's important, can you tell me what it is?" Sunghoon asked curiously as he walked side by side with his father.

"I called you back home because I'm passing the company on to you instead, and not your brother."

Sunghoon stopped. "Excuse me? You're... passing the company on to me? But... why? Jooyoung should be the one leading the company because he's the oldest."

"Jooyoung has proved to me that he cannot lead our company. Not only that but... something has also happened to him recently before you came," Kihyun said, his expression falling to a frown, which suddenly began to make his wrinkles show from stress.

"Dad... did something happen to Jooyoung?" he asked.

||

"How... How could this happen..." Sunghoon said as he paced back and forth, "Jooyoung disappeared? How could he just all of a sudden disappear? He promised me a few days ago that he was going to wait with you when I come back home. He promised!" he cried out loud.

"He wasn't the only one that disappeared. Nine other victims also disappeared as well along with him for unknown reasons."

Sunghoon turned to look at his father.

"Jooyoung and I argued recently before you came back, Sunghoon," his father spoke, "He bullied the Kim family's heir, Kim Taehyung.  All because he was infatuated with a girl named Choi Rui."

Sunghoon looked at his father as he continued talking. "I told him that I wanted to negotiate with the Kim family's company so that there wouldn't be any competition between us. You should know by now that our company and the Kim family's company are the most competitive in our country, so of course, I wanted to end this. And because Jooyoung interfered irrationally, I told him that I would be passing the company on to you and that he would teach you our ways, but then who would have known that he would all of a sudden disappear," Kihyun said, looking at his son with weary eyes. "I have been trying to search for him and his whereabouts, but I can't seem to get a hold of him... anywhere," he said with tiredness lingering in his voice.