Another cold morning

A couple days before Lyra's 3rd year started- imagine younger fancasts.

~~~Awoken by the sounds of crows on a cold morning instead of the sounds of glad birds chirping at her window sill at near-noon in spring, Lyra hadn't exactly had the best start to her day

~~~
Awoken by the sounds of crows on a cold morning instead of the sounds of glad birds chirping at her window sill at near-noon in spring, Lyra hadn't exactly had the best start to her day. 

Her room was alight with the crescent moon, which still shon instead of the sun at 6am in September. She took a moment, her feet hanging off her wooden bed, brushing against the cold tiles of her floor to stare at the moon. She'd always felt a special connection to it, feeling more at home with just the sight of it then she did in her cold, blank room.

She sat in front of her wooden desk, staring into her mirror, her face still puffy as it was only moments after she'd let cold water wash the sleep out her eyes. She combed through her long black hair, feeling peace as her comb massaged her scalp.

Lyra Black herself was beautiful, she'd always carried aristocratic features, her long black hair and dark eyes, complimented by blushed lips could only be described as enchanting.

Lyra searched her wardrobe, looking at the healing bruises that covered her back.
She'd always known that stress could harm her beauty, so that morning and for the past 15 years, she dreaded seeing her mother as she made her way down to the kitchen at 7:30am for breakfast, now in appropriate attire as to not be found provocative by her own father, who she wasn't even sure would be home from his work. But it was always better to be safe then sorry in the Black household.

There was no sense of homeliness in Druella Black's household. It was simply a house, a Victorian and badly decorated, in Lyra's opinion, house which carried not love but an array of horrible memories she'd wish never to relive.

She passed by her sister, Narcissa's room, giggles filling it's walls and erupting through the door. If the four young girls residing in that house could be passed off as elements, Narcissa would be water, she was beautiful, serene and enchanting while strong like the ocean itself. However, she was unreadable, and held so many secrets.

So, it was no surprise to Lyra when she entered her older sisters room to find her, sitting in the middle of her bed, Andromeda and Bellatrix surrounding her as she read out loud a letter from her newest admirer, Lucius Malfoy.

"Oh come on, Narcissa tell us what else he said, pleasee," Andromeda whined out, earning a soft giggle from Lyra, who leaned her back against door to press it shut before making her way over to her sisters.

"No, Andy, I will not!" Narcissa laughed, standing up on her bed now.

"Lyra," Andromeda called to her little sister,"help me would you, Cissy is being a bitch."

A gasp escaped Narcissa's mouth as she dramatically smacked her letter-holding hand against her chest. Lyra simply placed her hand over her mouth in anticipation while Bellatrix let out a scoff, taking a seat on the edge of the bed, unbothered and seemingly annoyed by her sisters antics.