The dance

"It's time," Andromeda told Lyra,"find a pair."

Lyra's eyes instantly moved to Sirius, who nodded back at her, already aware of her question, plus, they'd always been dance partners.

Soon the ballroom had couples and pairs intricately placed around it, as music began to sound. Everybody around them following the routine they'd all been taught to do from a very early age.

Sirius placed a hand on Lyra's waist and his other one intertwined with hers, the pair of them engaging in a hushed conversation as the pranced.

"If we get caught Sirius, I swear to Merlin I will," Sirius cut Lyra off, along with her impending threat.

"We won't, I've got everything under control," Sirius responded, his tone much more relaxed, which seemed to only scare Lyra more then comfort her.

"You better do, because it's my birthday and I don't think I've ever been this stressed,"  she started,"anyway, where are the boys?"

"You'll see."

It had reached that part of the dance where the pairs swap partners, so before she could know it Lyra was swung into the arms of Remus Lupin himself.

His strong hand gripped slightly lower on her waist, they were much closer together then a pair of friends would be. She placed her arm around his shoulder, while her other hand held his tightly.

She stared up at him, catching his eyes, the minimum amount of contact was enough to make butterflies erupt in her stomach, but Lyra wasn't stupid. She was aware that she was adjacent to her sister Bellatrix, and that any off movement would send her senses spiralling and in one way or another Remus would he hurt.

Remus leaned down, enough to whisper in her ear,"don't worry, my love. They'll never know I'm here."

"I'm not worried, I'm frustrated," she spoke, tracing circles on his shoulder with her finger.

"Frustrated?"

"Yes," Lyra whispered, ensuring she won't be heard over the loud classical music,"frustrated that this is the closest I can get to you, frustrated that I can't kiss you when this all ends, frustrated that we have to keep everything a secret."

Remus rolled his tongue down his cheek, fingers pressing into Lyra's waist as they waltzed,"tell your parents you're returning to Hogwarts early, I'll do the same and we can-"

"Even of my parents did fall for that I'm sure the boys would notice, Lupin. Let's just enjoy this for now, alright?"

"Alright," he breathed out, as it came to the part of the routine where he lifted her, something he did with ease.

Remus placed Lyra back on the floor, the corners of her mouth lifted into a smile as she let herself ease into his arms, her head almost touching his chest.
~~~
The dance soon came to an end, and since Lyra's parents weren't concerned about her in the least, it gave her, Andromeda and Regulus the perfect opportunity to sneak away. Plus, the marauders had left, they had to.

"You got all the gifts?" Andy asked Reggie as they ran to Lyra's room.

"Of course I have all the gifts, you think all these bags aren't all of them?"

"Okay, get in, quick," Lyra spoke as she opened the door to her room,the three of them entering and sitting on her bed.

"Right what's first," The birthday girl chuckled as Regulus handed her a small bag.

She opened it to be met with a black velvet box, inside it a beautiful silver necklace with a star and moon charm on it.

"That's gorgeous, whose it from?" Andy asked, lyra picking up the small note in the box that read 'from your Moony, hope you like it, trouble."

Lyra felt heat rise to her cheeks, trying to brush it off as she said,"oh, just a random guest, not sure."

"I was thinking about getting Panda something like that, she loves all that astronomy and crystal stuff," Regulus spoke.

"Panda?" Andy questioned, her eyes widening.

"It's Reggie's little girlfriend," Lyra chuckled, tucking the note and necklace back in the box and placing it under her pillow.

"She is not my girlfriend, she's just a friend."

"Oh yeah, a girlfriend you sneak out of the common room at nigh to see," Lyra scoffed, getting an instant reaction from Andromeda.

"You did what!"

"I, no- well, I did see her, but it wasn't like that!"Regulus defended himself.

"Oh, trust me, soon it will be like that," Lyra chuckled.

"Oh, cause you're one to talk," the youngest Black boy rolled his eyes.

"What? Loop me in," Andy requested.

"Lyra has a thing for Remus Lupin," Reggie spoke.

"For fucksake," Lyra groaned, hiding her face in her hands,"I don't like him at all, we're study partners, in fact I'm glad when he cancels our sessions."

"Well whatever your feelings are toward him," The oldest started.

"No feelings."

"Fine, no feelings, but whatever may happen between you and a someone who isn't a pureblood, you must know is forbidden. I'll support your decisions, however I can't say the same for anyone else," she explained.

"I know, and that is exactly why I've sworn my life away to celibacy and nunnery," Lyra mocked,"now can we get onto opening the rest of the gifts?"