Break up

Following a lengthy conversation ,which had made Sirius completely sober, everyone was filled in on why Sirius ran away a day before Lyra did, why Lyra ran away and the child friendly details of Remus and Lyra's relationship.

"So, let me get this straight," Sirius begun, sitting on the couch with his legs crossed and a teddy bear on his lap,"you two dated?"

"No," lyra and Remus replied simultaneously.

"We're not dating, we were never boyfriend and girlfriend, we just..." Remus spoke, trailing off.

"We just had a thing," Lyra continued for him.

"Did you do it?" James asked the pair, to which Peter snapped his head towards them, his eyes like saucers.

Sirius held up the teddy bear, pointing at it,"tell us where the man touched you Lyra," he said, trying to keep his composure to seem angry.

"Oh, I'm traumatised," the blonde boy whispered.
~~~
"Remus, can I speak to you?" Lyra whispered pulling away a quite shaken up Remus from him group of friends.

It had only taken Lyra a couple of hours to settle into the Potter household, after greeting James' parents, who agreed to let her stay for as long as she wants she felt pretty comfortable. So she wouldn't have thought she'd have to do the most uncomfortable thing imaginable within the same time frame.

"Yeah, sure," Remus nodded, following Lyra into one of the guest rooms on the second floor, in which they both sat on the bed as she took a deep breath before beginning to talk.

"Listen, Remus, I don't think we should be together anymore."

Lupin's eyes widened as if he'd been struck by Black's words, shifting awkwardly as he pinched the skin on his hand.

"I'm really sorry Remus but you have to understand, I want you to be safe, I need you to be safe, I don't know what I'd do with myself if you were hurt. This, whatever we are, well were, can't go on," Lyra rambled on, trying her best to diffuse the tension by apologising profusely.

"It's fine, you don't have to get all emotional, it's not like we dated," Remus responded, now relaxing his body language as to not show any sign of hurt.

"Yeah, we didn't date, we didn't get the chance to really be together," Lyra chuckled under her breath, as Remus let out a breath through his nose, looking down, a small smile appearing upon the thoughts of what could've been appearing on his lips.

"I'm gonna go downstairs, get some chocolate do you want anything?" Lupin said, standing up.

"No, I'm fine but Remus," she called out, standing up and grabbing his hand,"we're still friends, right?"

Remus noticed a small chain of silver resting on Lyra's chest from this angle, a very familiar necklace.

"Yes, Lyra. We're still friends."
~~~
Remus POV~

Remus rushed down only one flight of stairs, opening the doors to his room and walking in,instead of meeting everyone else in the living room.

He took a deep breath as he leaned back against the door, trying to erase her image from his mind, trying to erase the image of the first woman he'd genuinely cared for asking wether they could remain friends,while the necklace he gave her hung around her neck.

Trust was one thing that Remus had already struggled with, something he knew could hurt when broken, however one thing he never thought he'd have to worry about was the feeling that comes with caring for the wrong person.

Lupin was utterly convinced he wasn't even the sort for relationships, mostly due to his condition, but also his cold upbringing and if maybe because of that he could never love someone in the right way. Yet, Lyra made it seem so easy, the two of them could never hurt each other, but when together, everyone is out to hurt them.