Favourite crime

For the next week to come, Lyra did absolutely nothing but grieve. Grieve her relationship with Remus , grieve her relationship with her sisters and slip into a dark trail of thought where she'd remember she's lost everything.

She no longer had the respect of her sisters, nor did she have a place to call home and what used to be her safe space, was now the most dangerous location she could be;Lyra had no idea how she'd ever step foot in Hogwarts.

Sirius tried to comfort her, though Lyra's reputation being ruined would be much different, she was a respected Slytherin, he was a troubled-child Gryffindor.

One thing did comfort her, and that was the support she got from all of the Marauders, even Remus, however silent it may have been, which she well appreciated. Lyra knew she loved Remus, she wasn't in love with him but she loved him, she knew he loved her too, he just couldn't come to terms with it. He still showed signs of affection, even when not actually speaking to her, such as saying good morning, making her tea when he made it for himself and asking her if she was alright every now and then.

They used to be able to blur the lines between platonic and romantic easily, but after not speaking for 7 extremely long days, reaching even a platonic level would be difficult.

Adding to her already difficult situation because no matter how much the Potters tried, Lyra couldn't stop feeling like she overstayed her welcome, so she tried her best to not bother them, this also meant spending most her time in her room, and making late night trips to the kitchen.

Every night at around 2am, Lyra would sneak down stairs, usually not bumping into anyone apart from Mr Potter, who'd eat every snack that Mrs Potter was saving for Christmas Eve.

So as per usual, she made her way downstairs to make herself a bowl of cereal, not expecting to be startled by the outline of a tall figure in the room.

"Shit," she whispered, stepping back.

"Lyra?" She heard Lupins voice ask as she switched on the light.

"Why are you in the dark,Moony?" She said, not realising she'd called Remus by his nickname till she saw strange look on his face,"sorry."

"No need to apologise, Star," he spoke, his voice deeper then usual, making her notice how his whole energy was unusual.

"Cool," she said, trying to brush off his strange manner, before making her way to the fridge,"want anything."

"You know, Lyra, I do want something, but she broke things off with me not too long ago," he whispered , now he was stood directly behind her, a finger trailing down her shoulder, moving the strap of her top and his breath against her neck.

"Remus," she whined, turning to face him, their bodies pressed up against each others. Lupin had a darkened look in his eyes like something had taken over him.

"What? We're friends now, we can talk about things," he spoke, his hands now gripping on her waist.

"Look," she started, putting her hands on his chest,"I don't want things to be ruined between us."

"It's a little late for that, don't you think?"

"Don't say that, we can still be friends, I still-"Lyra said, being cut off by Remus.

"You know you don't want to be just friends," he whispered, moving closer to her till their lips were almost touching,"just say the word and I'll leave you alone."

Lyra tucked her bottom lip under her teeth as she gazed up at Remus, a look of longing on her face, which was enough signal to him that she wanted this just as much as he did.

Remus leaned into her lips, kissing her, but this kiss wasn't like usual, he was much more aggressive, much more rushed. Lyra let her hands travel up to his hair as he lifted her up, sitting her on the kitchen counter, and standing between her legs, their kisses only becoming rougher, before his lips moved to her neck.

Lyra knew this was wrong but with every thought in her mind telling her to stop, she only pulled him closer, ignoring all her instincts.

However, just as she was about to throw away all her senses, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs, making them both instantly pull away from each other.

As she hopped off the counter she realised the look in his eyes was much different, like he'd snapped back to his normal self.

"I think I should," she muttered, gesturing towards the stairs.

"Yeah, yeah, you should go," he nodded, stepping away from her.

"Goodnight, Remus."

"Goodnight, Lyra."

She made her way up the stairs, all sense of appetite knocked out of her after the interaction she'd just had. Her every thought consisting off ways to rationalise his behaviour as she looked for whoever had been coming down the stairs.

Lyra couldn't find anyone, not even a light was left on by the person who'd almost caught her making out with Remus.

As she entered her room, she began walking in circles, rummaging her brain for answers as she suddenly looked up to one right in front of her.

A calendar, showing that it was the full moon tomorrow.