Brightest star

Lyra decided that night to make her way up to the astronomy tower after hours to clear her thoughts. She couldn't figure out why Remus had reacted that way, or why the rest of the guys seemed to be avoiding her that night too.

It made her question wether their liking for her was truthful, or if she was stupid for thinking they would just accept her into their group so easily. After all, she was a Slytherin, an outsider and she wasn't as close to them as they were to each other.

Maybe she'd done something to make them not like her anymore, the thoughts turned the once settled pond in her mind to a river abused by storms.

Lyra finally reached the astronomy tower, casting the lumos spell on her wand as the walked closer to the ledge, catching the sight of a long haired boy sitting down in front of the barricades.

"Reggie? You okay?" She asked as she sat beside the boy, placing her wand back into her pocket as they were now illuminated by the full moon.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," Regulus spoke with a broken voice, wiping his eyes.

"You can talk to me," Lyra assured.

Regulus chuckled,"it's stupid really, I just saw Sirius, he was running around with his friends, made me think about how much I miss him."

Lyra took a breath, wrapping her arm around her little cousin as she thought of the extent that her and the younger members of the black family had neglected Regulus.

"I know this may not mean too much but, even thought Sirius is supposed to be the biggest star and all Regulus was the brightest star to Sirius and your brother really cares about you," Lyra was cut off by Regulus instantly wrapping his arms around her.

"Thank you, Lyra. I know Andy's older, she's got her own problems and Sirius has his own life now and so do you, but you're always here," Regulus whispered.

"I always will be, Reggie."