Gossips of Hogwarts

Lyra's 5th year at Hogwarts- older fancasts

~~~

"Have you heard that Severus is apparently still chasing after that one ginger girl?" Narcissa started off to her four sisters as they sat around a table in the library,"ugh,I've forgotten her name, you know, Lyra you know, you know the mudblood girl?"

"Lilly Evans?" Lyra asked, hardly looking up from the book she was pretending to read.

"Yes," Narcissa sighed in relief," you're telling me no one else could've helped me with that?"

"We could've, but we don't care," Bellatrix deadpanned,"we just got back from summer and you're already in everyone else's business."

Lyra let out a small laugh, instantly playing it off as a clearing of her throat before going back to pretending to read her book.

Narcissa rolled her eyes, knowing she was the only one still infatuated in teenage drama and gossip, she was always the first to know and speak about everything in Hogwarts, wether it was controversial relationships or students disliking each other. She knew everything about everyone, even teachers.

Bellatrix was more involved in things she believed to be the most important of all, and that was everything that revolved around the dark lord.

Bellatrix was infatuated in him. Ever since the start of her fifth year she'd been completely different as if a light bulb had switched in her brain. She no longer cared about school drama like she used to, usually being the centre of it or causing it, she only knew one thing and that was to serve the dark lord.

Even though she was being courted by Rudolphus Lestrange, it was like she was in love the dark lord, obsessed with him in a way that goes beyond the mind of a teenage girl.

"It's not that we don't care about, whatever you were talking about," Andromeda spoke.

"I don't care, like at all, if that helps," Lyra said, raising her hand.

"Okay, that's quite enough," Andy whispered, pushing Lyra's hand down,"but in all seriousness we came here to help Lyra study for potions, mother and father said if any of us fail, we're all in trouble."

"Oh yeah?" Narcissa chuckled," her book is literally upside down."

"No it's not," Lyra spoke, not bothering to turn the book she knew full well was upside down.

Bellatrix grabbed the book from her sisters hand, slamming it on the table,"stop being idiots. Either you study, or we leave," she gave a side-eye look to a group of boys entering the library,"I don't want to be around the blood traitors."

Sirius Black, James Potter and Peter Pettigrew walked past their table, Sirius giving Lyra and Andromeda a discreet smile, which they quickly returned.

Lyra reminisced about her days with her little cousin, she never judged him for being sorted into Gryffindor, she never showed prejudice about him befriending muggle-borns or half-bloods, it wasn't either of them personally that ended their bond, it was their circumstances.

She was sure Sirius was angry at her she just couldn't come up with a reason why. The noble house of the black had sent biological trauma running through their veins from they entered this world. Lyra had always been sure she'd wanted to be free, but she was far to scared to leave.

She hadn't found something to motivate her into leaving, like Sirius had James and the Potter's. Lyra had never felt platonic love so strong towards an outsider, so feelings of romance so strong were completely off the table for her. Plus, a private relationship was definitely not an option since Naricissa was the biggest gossip of Hogwarts.

Lyra watched as the group of boys joked and laughed loudly with no repercussions for doing so, she felt a hint of jealousy towards them, but quickly swatted it away as she noticed in one of her cousins friends was missing from his usual group, Remus lupin.

While she'd only ever interacted with the boy on the rarest of occasions, their conversations usually not even reaching the level of small talk, she'd always found Remus Lupin attractive, since she'd first seen him at eleven years old, or heard about him from Sirius, about how he was  secretly the mastermind behind all the havoc the four boys caused, contrary to what she would have believed.

Yet, he was forbidden, completely off limits for Lyra to talk to outside a formal setting, so she never tried to. Nevertheless, she'd take it upon herself to admire him in the classes they shared or when she saw him on the corridors.

He was beautiful, the scars that trace his face held mysteries within them and every girl thought so, even describing him as the "Casanova of Gryffindor tower," wether it was the way his brown hair was constantly disheveled, or his disarming smile and intelligent eyes, but Lyra chose not to pay much mind to him. Remus would never compete for attention, leaving that part of popularity to his friends.

"Well I'm leaving, I have to meet Lucius," Narcissa said, standing up and throwing her back around her shoulder,"oh and I think I heard something about Slughorn wanting to speak to you, Lyra."

The blonde then started to walk off, followed with a shout from Lyra,"and you've waited till now to tell me?"

"I'm sorry, it slipped my mind I swear," Narcissa chuckled, turning around to face her sister, now walking backwards, Lyra responded with a roll of her eyes, watching her sister exit the library.

"I should've thrown something at her," Lyra spat, to which Bellatrix let out a laugh.

"Behave, you have bigger things to focus on, like maybe the reason as to why Slughorn wants to speak to you? Are you failing potions?" Andromeda rambled, growing more frustrated with her little sister.

Lyra sat speechless, not responding to her sisters very true accusation. She turned to Bellatrix seeing her mouthing a word.

"Now."

Lyra nodded her head once, grabbing her bag and instantly exiting the library, still not responding to Andromeda's voice from behind her.

"Lyra! Lyra come back here!"