The library and chocolate frogs

After being sneaked into her dorm room with an invisibility cloak, Lyra quickly got changed and prepared to go to dinner in the great hall.

"Where have you been?" Yemaya exclaimed as she entered the dorm room with a shopping bag in her hand.

"I, nothing, I was-," Lyra stammered.

"And your knee is bruised," Yemaya continued, walking closer to her,"that wasn't a study session, you're sleeping with your tutor!"

"I am not! For your information, I fell and bruised my leg and I stayed at Sirius' dorm, I hadn't spoke to him in ages," Lyra defended.

"Sirius' dorm? Who does Sirius share a room with?"

"James, Peter...and Remus."

"And Remus is?"

"The guy whose tutoring me, but it's not like that, I swear," Lyra stated, sitting on her bed.

"We'll see about that," Yemaya scoffed.
~~~
Lyra sat in the great hall beside Andromeda, avoiding awkward looks that Bellatrix and Narcissa continued to give her.

"You ask," Narcissa whispered to Bellatrix.

"No, you ask," Bellatrix whisper-shouted.

"One of you just ask!" Andromeda groaned.

"Fine," Cissy started,"I heard you were gone from your dorm all night, are you seeing someone?"

"No, I'm not I was with my friend, Marlene,"Lyra lied.

"Good, because mother mentioned something about a possible suitor for you," Bella added.

"A what? Why? Who? Andromeda Black, did you know about this?"

"They might've mentioned it," Andy nodded, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Then who is it?" Lyra queried.

"Elias Avery," Bella deadpanned.

"What? Him? Seriously?"

"Well yes, mother thought it would make sense since you and him had gotten on well in the past, he's a pure blood, he's the same age as you, his family is on good terms with ours," Andromeda explained.

"Oh, I can't believe this," Lyra groaned,"so what does this mean then?"

"Well he knows about the arrangement, and he seems fond of the idea so he will, you know make the first move," Narcissa spoke.

Lyra put her head on the table, loosing her appetite upon hearing the news of having her independence in relationships taken away from her,simply because Avery's father attended school with Tom Riddle and status is far more important in the Black family then happiness.

Her attention was called on by a woman's presence beside her as she cleared her throat, lifting her head to reveal that it is Mary.

"Lyra, could I talk to you?" She asked, to which Lyra simply nodded before standing up and moving further away from the Slytherin's table.

Mary cleared her throat, Lyra quickly giving her the signal to not speak by silently shushing her and performing a wand-less muffliato spell between the two of them.

"Go on."

"I have been selected to formally invite you to our humble abode of the Gryffindor common room, to celebrate with us absolutely nothing."

Lyra chuckled at Mary's formality while trying to invite her to a common room party,"did Sirius write the script for that?"

"Yes, was it obvious?" Mary asked.

"Very, and I'd love to do just tell them," Lyra began looking over to the Gryffindor table, noticing Remus wasn't sitting with the rest of the boys,"where's Remus?"

"He's in the library," Mary responded.

"Yeah, yeah, I need to go," Lyra mumbled as she broke the silencing spell and walked back to her sisters.

"Why were you talking to that muggleborn?" Bellatrix spat as soon as Mary left their premises.

"About potions, I have to go grab some things from the library," Lyra told them,  grabbing Narcissa's chocolate frog.

"Bitch," Narissa scoffed at Lyra stealing her chocolate as the youngest black sister walked out of the great hall.
~~~
"This is the last place I would ever expect you to show up at your own will," Remus spoke, not looking up from his copy of love and friendship by Jane Austen as Lyra neared his table.

"Speaking of will, do you dress like a grandfather because you like to or because someone is forcing you to?" Lyra remarked.

"Did you come here to insult me or do you have anything important to say?" Remus asked, lifting his feet off the table and placing his book down.

"Actually," she said, throwing him the chocolate frog she'd taken from her sister,"I brought you that."

"So you are capable of being nice?" Remus chuckled, opening the chocolate.

"Of course I am, but something about you makes me loose that ability," Lyra spoke, sitting down across from him.

"Alright, alright, seriously though, what are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to expand my knowledge?" She asked.

"We'll that would be easy, seeing as though you have little to no knowledge to begin with," Remus scoffed, placing a piece of chocolate in his mouth.

"I have knowledge," Lyra said, breaking off a piece of the chocolate frog and eating it.

"Oh really? Like what?"

"Like how I remember that you like chocolate frogs because I saw Peter hand one to you in your dorm and you had about five empty boxes on your desk,"Lyra started.

"Okay, so you're observant, and what else?"

"I know that you're not anti-social, but you are reserved and it's a bit shocking that someone so smart can have such a swearing problem."

"You got that in like a day and a half?" Remus chuckled, pushing the chocolate frog closer to her.

"I also know that you have a thing for Dorcas," Lyra spat.

Remus laughed, shaking his head,"proved my point."

"I didn't prove any of your points, Lupin. I heard Sirius say you were gawking at her last night."

"I wasn't gawking at her," Remus responded.

"Oh my god, you were gawking at Mary," Lyra gasped.

"Oh not Mary, your cousin definitely has a thing for her."

"Really? Mary and Sirius? She's like a little angel, she's so sweet, I'd thought he'd someone more, I don't know someone more," Lyra trailed off.

"Marlene-ish? Yeah me too," Remus nodded.

"But she wouldn't like him."

"Not at all," Remus snickered.

"So, if you weren't gawking at Dorcas, who were you gawking at?" Lyra asked.

"I guess you'll never know."