Christmas break

The holiday Lyra dreaded the most had now started, with it being December 17th,the only thing improving her stay at home being the letters she'd exchange with Marlene. They're the only ones her parents didn't question, seeing as though they were going to a girl and she'd had them convinced that she is the Gryffindor tutoring her in potions.

Plus, Marlene and Dorcas were the only ones who knew about her and Remus' 'not so relationship' as they were the only ones who knew about them. So, it was nice to have someone to discuss with.

Lyra had just finished dinner with her sister Andromeda, as Narcissa and Bellatrix had decided to stay in their rooms.

She walked up to her room, already planning on her mind what she would write in her next letter to Mars, however when she entered her room she was met with the sight of something quite unexpected.

"What the fuck is this?" Bellatrix screamed at her, holding up the note from Remus Lupin that Lyra had left in the top drawer of her bedside table and completely forgotten about.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, going through my shit?" Lyra shouted, grabbing the note from her sisters hand.

Narcissa joined in the conversation,"you've been acting suspicious lately, and now we know why."

"You filthy blood traitor, it's all added up now hasn't it? You've found yourself a mudblood in the Gryffindor house haven't you?" Bellatrix seethed.

"You need to find yourself a fucking therapist, you crazy bitch!" Lyra yelled back.

"Burn it," Bella spoke, igniting flames from her wand and moving it closer to the note.

"I'm not doing anything to it," Lyra said, placing the note behind her back.

"Get it Narcissa," Bella commanded, making Narcissa snatch the note out of her sisters hand, handing it to her.

Bellatrix allowed the flames to engulf the piece of paper, not daring to break eye contact with Lyra as she did so.

She let the ashes fall onto the carpet before placing her wand down,"now you're going to listen to me-" Bella begun, being cut off by Lyra's hand slammed against her cheek, slapping her.

A light sparked in Bellatrix's eyes, almost as if Lyra had flipped a switch in her brain and she launched herself at her sister, the two of them shoving and hitting each other till Bellatrix eventually had Lyra against a wall by her collar.

"Now, we won't tell mother and father about this, for the sake of not ruining our families reputation even more, we don't need another Sirius situation, but if we catch you doing anything like this again, I will ensure that you are disowned," Narcissa explained.

"Never mind disowned, she'll be dead," Bella added.

Lyra pushed her sister off of her,"well good thing you won't be seeing me for a while," she said as her sisters slowly left the room and she grabbed a bag, throwing items from her closet into it.

"You gonna run away?" Narcissa laughed.

"I see Sirius really has rubbed off on you," Bellatrix taunted, to which Lyra used one of the only wandless spells she knew of to slam her door shut.

She continued filling her bag with any necessity she could find, as hot tears started steaming down her face, one's she quickly wiped, taking a deep breath as she forced herself not to cry.

Lyra finally grabbed her wand, before opening her bedroom window, her bag on her shoulder as she attempted to climb down from the second floor of her manor.

She finally reached the ground, being able to balance of window sills and grip onto pipes along the walls, even though she couldn't even jump a gate a couple months ago, she relied now and pure adrenaline. Then, she set off, no idea what her destination was.
~~~
Lyra struggled to collect herself, after landing on the brick surface outside of the Potter's manor, being proud that she remembered their address, but also worried because she broke the law by using her wand outside of school grounds under the age of seventeen to apparete.

Ignoring the feeling in her stomach caused by adrenaline and nervousness, she walked up to the door of the manor, knocking three times.

Remus nonchalantly opened the door, not facing her way but instead looking into the living room, where she could hear the rest of the marauders all asking who was at the door,

"One second," he shouted back to them, turning to face her, his expression dropping instantly,"Lyra?"

"Remus," she breathed out, instantly rushing up to him, throwing her arms around his neck, he instantly reciprocated, placing his arms tightly around her waist.

"What happened? You okay?" He asked frantically.

The relief of seeing him instantly calmed her nerves and made her brain fuzzy, making her unaware of her surroundings as she took her chin off of his neck and stood on her tiptoes, kissing him; something he instinctively did back.

"What in the Godric's left tit is this?" Peter screeched, causing the pair to break away from the kiss and look to the side of them to find all three boys, with their mouths wide open.

Lyra quickly pulled herself away from Remus,"hi."

"Lyra!" Sirius cheered, hugging her, making her realise how drunk he was based on the stench of alcohol radiating off of him,"did you get kicked out too?"

"Ran away actually," she chuckled, before realising what she said,"you got kicked out?"

"You kissed Remus?" Peter screeched once more.

"You know what, all of you, in the living room, now. Everyone has some explaining to do," James said.