9

"If she does die, Karl, promise me you won't do anything." Jimmy's words didn't even register in the poor boy's brain. They went in one ear and out the other. He just wants Sage. 

"She's going to die, Jimmy. Don't even put that idea in my fucking brain. I don't want it there. I love her. Do you even understand what this is like? The love of my life could die at any fucking second, and you just keep talking about me. Don't talk about me right now!"

Jimmy took a step back, inhaling a deep breath to stop himself from yelling back. Karl looked upset. "Karl," he said, trying to reach out for him.

The boy leaned back, to avoid Jimmy's reaching arm. "She could die, Jimmy. I'm going to lose her."

"No, you're not. Look at her," he said, gesturing to the girl asleep in a hospital bed. Cords and tubes came out and wrapped around her once free body. Cuts and bruises coated her body, she was hardly recognizable. "She's breathing. Look at her heart rate. She's breathing, she's alive. She may not be awake, but she's alive. You're not going to lose her."

"Hopefully." The boy sighed, reaching out to touch her. She had been in a coma for 6 months now; half a year. He had gone half a year without her kisses, her voice. He barely had videos of them, most of which consisted of her laugh. He loved her laugh; it was everything to him. In his mind, it was his only job to make her happy. She always laughed when she was happy, even if it wasn't a laughing matter.

His fingers played with hers, until eventually he interlocked their hands together. As if the universe was against him, her body jerked as he did so. Immediately, he thought she had woken up, but she actually had flatlined. 

Her pulse was gone, her moving chest frozen. He let go of her hand, trying to save her. He couldn't stop the rolling tears and yelling for help. He loved her. 

"Karl! Karl!" He had heard Jimmy's voice but chose to ignore it. That was until hands wrapped around his body, pulling him away from the person he loved most in his life.

His yells filled the room, he truly wasn't himself. 

Although they helped Sage's heart beat again, he blamed himself for the flatline. He never came back after that.

***

When he got the call, when she called him, he froze. He was in the middle of filming, finally starting to do good. He was eating and smiling again. Then it all fell down the drain.

He couldn't focus on anything knowing she was alive, so he did what he did best, push it away. That, of course, was until he impulsively went to her house. 

ally's thoughts

ik this is short i'm having writers block. i wanted y'all to see part of his side of the story