14

It's like I'm stuck in a time loop, but this time it's different. I lift my head off the floor as a throbbing pain hits me. In the mirror, the same, zombified, girl looks back at me, but now there's a small bruise on her forehead. 

My feet stumble their way through the quiet house, into the kitchen. The neon clock on the oven reads back to me that I was out for 3 hours. 1:42 a.m.

I open the cupboards, pulling out a glass so I can fill it with water. My hands wrap around the cold material, pulling it off the high shelf, only so it can shatter on the counter. I don't know how hard I set it down, but it was hard enough to where it snapped. Glass shards went everywhere. All over the floor, in my skin. 

Blood trickles down my arms and legs, leaving a trail of melted, red crimson along the counter and tile. I sit down on the floor, a foot away from the last seen glass shard, and hold my head in my hands. 

I can hear a pair of footsteps run down the stairs, but the light throb in my head almost drowns it. 

"Sage?" Karl yells from the stairs. "Are you okay." I can hear his feet hit the floor, followed by Alex's. No. Not while Alex is here. I crawl over to the bathroom from before, slamming the door shut. The lock is the only following sound. 

"Alex? Why don't you go upstairs, ok? I can take care of it." He mumbles an okay and retreats up the stairs. 

"Hey, it's just me now."

I sigh, opening the door. Karl looks down, immediately falling on his knees. "Oh my God. What happened?" I shrug. "I need you to talk to me, Sage. What happened?" 

"The glass. It fell on me." 

"And the bruise?" he asks, tugging a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I fell."

"When?"

"I don't remember." 

He looked at me with half-hooded eyes, and sighed.

filler chapter bc i havent written in a month :)