dear reader

thank you for reading this story! it's my first one, so i dont think it's that great. a lot of parts seem rushed, and tbh they are. there was a period of time where i would feel so pressured to write that id do it and publish it even if it was so shitty. 

to clear up questions:

in the accident sage was in with her sister, she had hit her head really hard on the wheel, and had been bleeding into her brain since. It was a small bleed, so it couldnt be seen on scans.

sages dad had always been distant as a kid, she just never noticed it until her teenage years. occasionally, she would come home to find another womans bras and makeup around the house when her mom was away. she had also found her dad blacked out drunk in the middle of the night, and had seen him hit her mom, which is why sage is so close to her mother. 

violet, sages sister, was a lesbian.

karl was planning to propose to sage on her birthday that year (2020) before they broke up and she got in the accident, and he was going to propose to her again on her birthday in 2021.

sages dad was an alcoholic and was on drugs.

in this story, karl drank a lot and would sometimes throw and break things when he was drunk, which is why he didnt drink at the halloween party, he didnt want to make a scene.

when karl and sage were younger (high school) they would smoke and vape, and would even sometimes use sages dads drugs. so, when karl was high in the beginning chapters, he did it to go back in time basically, since he wanted to start over

sage and karl died in a car accident on the way to the hospital, they were hit by a semi tuck.

thank you for reading this story!

my next story: nicotine ★ 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣