Practice

My name is Wang Yibo, I am 18 years old, I live in Beijing and this is my story.

  I'm a dance choreographer and a music teacher, I live with my mum and elder brother, my dad, on the other hand, is not always around we probably see him once or twice a year ... but my mum never stopped loving him, I wonder how she does that and my brother is the CEO of our Company.

I have a girlfriend and her name is Nicole Miller. Nicole's mum is from Hong Kong while her dad is from Malibu. She has a prominent cheekbone, a slender toned shape, and an oval face with brown eyes. I was fascinated by her dance and it drew me close to her.

Nicole is 17 years old and she's doing well in her ballet dance. I help her practice here and there when her Partner is not around... I travel around to help musicians create new dance routines for their dancers and I also have students I educate and train in the skills required to succeed as dancers. I try as much as possible to demonstrate pitch, tempo, rhythm, and other concepts that are fundamental to singing and playing music.

I just got back from a 2 weeks dance training in Harlin. While I was on my way I called Nicole several times but she didn't pick up, I wanted to panic but I thought she might be busy practicing since her concert is in 3 weeks, but she promised to pick me up from the airport.  At least she could have sent a text to cancel, I shrugged off the thought of something happening to her and took a cab home, oh I was heartbroken when I saw her crying. I thought something had happened, I rushed and curled up next to her and she hugged me so tight. I patted her back.

What happened, why are you crying?

My dance partner is ill and I've just three weeks left, as if that wasn't enough, my choreographer changed a few routines. She replied while sobbing nonstop.

Oh, dear, is that why you're crying?

Is that not worth crying over? This is one of the most important concerts of my life and my partner suddenly fell ill. she replied while crying.

Shh, don't cry my love, I'll help you practice.

She jumped on me excitedly, are you?

Yeah dear, anything for you.

She hugged me and kissed my forehead, and I'd say this is the first time she's done something like that since we have been together for almost a year. I blushed and I started Turning pink .... she smelled like peach and I'd say it calmed my racing heart down.

It's been 7 days since I started helping Nicole practice and I'd say it's been different, ballet is a different dance entirely and I was glad to help her because it was a new experience for me and I enjoyed every bit of it even though I had my challenges. Nicole would whine most of the time.

"After each practice, we would go to the rooftop of the studio and sit on the wall and meditate for 30 minutes to an hour, Nicole said it helped them calm down, and honestly, I won't lie, the first time she asked me to join her I blatantly refuse because I got scared, what if I fall and she laughed at me, it's not as thin as you think, Yibo, Her laugh is mesmerizing, it makes my heart flutter, I can sit and watch her meditate all-day.

After the 4th day, I decided to try it. The fresh air brushed against my bare face and the nape of my neck, the sound of crickets, the night light, and the calm look on Nicole's face made everything look beautiful. I'd say it felt good. We will meditate for an hour every day after practice and I enjoyed the beautiful night view with the woman I love beside me... nothing felt good aside from that

I continued my daily routine(choreography, teaching music, and dancing with Nicole). I finished early today so I decided to visit my brother at the office. I haven't seen him since I started practicing. I went to see him before heading to Nicole's dance studios....... since it was on the way.

Oh, look who we have here today, have you finally decided to join the company? He teased me.

I gaped and eyed him before replying. No gege I came to see you because I have missed you and not to join the company.

What have you been up to lately, every time I come home you're either dog tired or not back home, are you working on a new dance routine for someone?

No gege, I am helping Nicole practice, her dance partner is under the weather. I blush thinking of Nicole.

Why do I feel like she's using you, Yibo? That girl does not love you, she's just with you because of the luxury you provide for her. have you seen the way she looks at her dance partner, she never looked at you like that.

Gege, please can you not make me regret why I came here today, I know you don't like her but please don't talk bad about her she's my girlfriend.

Yibo that girl is not... before Haikuan ge complete his sentence I cut him off. Please don't talk about my girlfriend again or I won't talk to you anymore.

Okay, I am sorry Yibo, I won't talk about her ever again. How's practice going, is it the same as the modern dance? He smiled sweetly.

No gege, I have been doing a lot of lower body movement, I said, feeling a bit relaxed in his luxurious office chairs. They felt so comfortable and warm, while we poured tea for ourselves.

How so? Haikuan ge asked.

Ballet dance focuses on repetitive lower-body movements, while modern dance focuses on a combination of upper- and lower-body movements. I replied happily.

Oh wow, that's exciting and it requires a lot of strength right? haikuan ge said.

I blushed and turned my face so gege won't see my beetroot face. This is the first time in a year I have been close to my girlfriend, holding her so close to me while we dance, and also she has so much energy and sleeps less ..... I also told him how we have been meditating.

Haikuan ge was shocked. Yibo, stop meditating like that, please.

It's safe gege, we have been careful and the wall we meditate on is not as thin as the one you see in the movies...

Just be careful Yibo, gege said sternly.

Okay gege I will, let me be on my way

Oh, wait I forgot to give you your credit card, I have been hoping to give you one for the past 3 days now

Yaaaaay I scream excitedly. what's the limit gege?

No limit, he replied
He hugged me and I left

Nicole was fuming with anger and yelled at me for coming late immediately I open the door.

I'm sorry Nicole I went to see gege, I haven't seen him since I started practicing with you, I don't want him to start getting worried about me, so I stopped by and said hello to him and also got my credit card.

Okay, apology accepted but you'll buy me dinner when we are done. She said with a pout

I nodded in acceptance.

the first chapter might be a bit boring but please bear with me, the chapters got better 😁😁😁😁😁.