Broken heart

Zhan's pov

"One last dream before I met my one true love''

I decided to wander in my dreams since I know Yibo will remember me when he wakes up.

His mind has grown bigger than when he was in a coma.

When I thought of him in my sleep I immediately found myself in one of the most beautiful country homes. It's breathtaking. I saw him sitting by the river, he looked like a Greek demigod.

I felt content, felt safe, "he is my home".

He smiled when he saw me, quickly walked to me and hugged me so tight, and sniffed my neck.

We sat there all night, talking about everything and anything.

I can't wait to see you...he whispered.

Can't wait to see you too, Yibo.

I woke up around 7 am, had my bath, made breakfast for grandma, and went to her room to greet her. I saw her shivering. I was scared. I rushed to her, Grandma, are you okay?

I'm fine my baby, I added a new herb to my medicine, it makes you feel worse and then makes you feel better. "I 'm going through the worst stage now". Will you stay with me for a little until I feel better?

Yes, grandma, I'll stay.

I immediately texted Haikuan that I'll be a little late, my grandma got worse this morning.

Authors pov.

Cheng didn't sleep well because he was worried about his friend. He kept tossing and turning and decided to come up with something. I'll tell Mr. Xiao about it when he wakes up.

Cheng freshened up and went downstairs.  To his surprise, he saw Mr. Xiao.

Good morning sir.

Good morning Cheng.

Mr. Xiao, I came up with something when I couldn't sleep.

Oh, really what is it?

He told Mr. Xiao his plan and decided to call Zhan. Cheng pulled out his phone from his pocket and called. Zhan answered on the first ring.

Hello buddy, how are you? Why are you sounding down? Did something happen to grandma?

Yes, she started running temperature this morning due to one of her medications.  Zhan replied.

"Oh, I hope she feels better soon," hrmm, I want to make my sister's favorite lotus pork ribs soup, should I leave some for you?

Zhan laughed, do you want to cook poison?

Cheng scoffed. What do you mean I learned from the best?

Okay, save me a plate and help me take one to my boyfriend too, please. I know he would like it, thanks.

Okay bye, see you later.  

He turned to Mr. Xiao. Our planned work.

Cheng made the soup Mr. Xiao ate out of it and it was truly delicious. 

He decided to take Yibo's own to him. They added the unbinding potion to the soup before taking it.

I'm sorry buddy but am doing this for you. Cheng got to the hospital and gave the soup to Haikuan... Loverboy asked me to deliver these lotus pork ribs soup. Haikuan fed Yibo to eat, it smelled nice and tasted good too.

Thanks, Cheng. Yibo said.

"You have to teach me how to cook it someday," Yibo said under his nose.

Your boyfriend will teach you. Cheng teased.

And the latter blushed.

"It is 3 PM and Zhan just left his grandma's place hoping to get to the hospital by 6 or 7 pm. He is excited to meet his boyfriend.

"Giggling and smiling sheepishly to himself "

"Cheng blocked Nicole from calling him since Yibo won't remember Zhan anymore, he felt sad but it had to be done."

"I need my friend alive, " he mumbled to himself.

Zhan's POV

It's 6 pm already and I am in the hospital. I felt overwhelmed, calm down my heart, you'll see him soon and took a quick and sharp deep breath. 

"I was at the door when I heard his deep voice, whew, it sent shivers down my spine''. I knocked and entered, he looked so beautiful, and I wore my most sincere smile. I bowed and greeted his family then I rushed and hugged him.

"I'm glad you're awake, Yibo," he didn't hug me back, I thought he was shy!

But what he did next shocked everyone

He held my hands and pushed me back, who are you? His voice was cold.

'I-I -I am, am -I-I 'scoffed' I'm so-sorry what did you say? I stuttered.

"I said who are you and what makes you think you can hug me." his voice was stoic

"Uncontrollable tears rolled down my cheek, my eyes got blurry."

"I felt immense grief"

"I remember sitting down and feeling my life drain away. I could swear that I felt my heart break" I can't bring myself to look at him.

"I'm sorry I think I entered the wrong room" I bowed and left.

Haikuan followed me immediately and he was in shock.

What just happened there? He asked

I was a fool to think he'd remember me.

What? He asked quickly.

I looked up at him, they all forget about me after they woke up! "But I thought he'd be different because we love each other" I sounded wobbly.

But he remembered you yesterday? He said, his voice was sharp.

"Maybe because he just woke up. I was still fresh in his memory."

Oh my God, I am so sorry, Zhan. What can we do to make him remember?

Nothing Haikuan. There's nothing we can do. You can go back inside, I need a few minutes to myself please, he patted my shoulder and left.

"Everything seemed to come down on my head like a load of bricks. I left the hospital that day in a daze, tired beyond description, a beaten man. Yet I had to go home"

I walked lifelessly into my room and didn't notice Cheng or dad.

Climbed to my bed... Shut down and sleep.