Fresh Air

I woke up with a jolt from my sleep feeling adrenaline rushing down my veins, I rushed to the bathroom, had a hot shower, and left the house.

Haikuan ge already sent me the address, when I got to his house I saw someone driving out of the gate while I drove in.

"I knocked on the door and a middle age woman with an apron opened the door, she was surprised when she saw me"

Hrmm, good morning Mr. Yibo, what are you doing here? She asked

I'm here to see Xiao Zhan, and how do you know my name? I blurted out

Hmmm, Mr. Xiao said you're not allowed to come in here. Didn't you see him on your way in?

I saw someone drive out, I didn't know he was the one. Why didn't he want me to come here? I asked calmly.

It's not my story to tell sir. She whispered.

Please tell me, why? I pleaded.

It took almost an hour to convince her before she dragged me to a corridor and I promise not to tell anyone I heard it from her.

I wanted to panic, my palms got all sweaty, I promise I won't tell anyone whatever you tell me. I started shaking unconsciously. She held my hands and calmed me down.

She took a deep breath and started talking. I overheard Mr. Xiao and Mr. Cheng talk about young master and you, a few months ago.a

Everyone knows young master is a dream healer, when you were in a coma your mum and brother came here to talk to young master but then young master couldn't see you because he was in seclusion for 3 years meditating to reach out to people in severe pain without seeing them or making physical contact. 

He was in his first year then when your family came.

After he completed the 3 years meditation, your family came back to see him because you were still in a coma. He agreed to see you the next day.

He started taking care of you, unknown to Master. The young master has already fallen in love with you without seeing you. When he saw your body for the first time, you had already shut him out of your mind for 7 months.

After a while, you let him back in and he started treating you. You were getting better and better but master got scared of how happy young master was when he was with you.

You were not supposed to remember young master when you woke up but you did, that got the master scared, and he sent young master to his grandma's place while his grandma made a potion for you to drink.

Master gave it to Mr. Cheng to give you in a soup he made.

You spoke on the phone with young master a day before he visited you but when he got to the hospital the next day you had already forgotten about him.

He cried for months but a few days ago he started smiling again, and that was when master showed us your picture and said we shouldn't let you see young master.

I was trembling at her words, tears were rolling uncontrollably. My legs felt like jelly and I slumped to the ground. I was speechless. I was lost. I just had one question to ask.

Why did they go to all that length just to make me forget him? I asked with in-between cries.

If you remember young master he will die. She said, sounding sad.

My heart broke into a million pieces. I wailed.

H-he w-wi-will w-wha-what? I asked again to be sure I didn't misunderstand her while stuttering and sniffing.