Not good enough for you

Zhan's POV.
I stayed with Yibo at the hospital and I'm scared to sleep. I drifted off past midnight and I saw him in the swing on the porch. 

"He looked pretty under the night lights with his beautiful eyes and his flickering porcelain skin. It turned me on, and I just want to pounce on him, kiss him passionately"

"And make sweet love to him all night long" but I couldn't do that because I don't want him to have seizures anymore. It breaks my heart to see him like that.

"He smiled at me and it melted my heart, his smile is so beautiful." But I had to act cold, I gulped hard, took a long breath, and had an unreadable expression. When I approached the swing he immediately stood up and rushed to me, but when he saw the cold look on my face he moved back and sat on the bench beside the swing and I silently sat beside him.

I acted like nothing happened earlier. We sat for what felt like forever before he turned to face me... "Can I ask you a few questions?" He mumbled.

"I nodded"

You have a girlfriend, right? I nodded.

So why did you lead me on, why did you kiss me passionately, and looked at me lovingly? He asked.

I gasped and slowly turned my head to look at him, "And the way his doe eyes looked at me with strong, persistent desire and yearning, especially for something unattainable or distant"

The gloom encroaches upon my mind, and my heart flutters like a bird held fast in a fist. But I had to maintain my straight face! 

"Yibo, don't mistake my kindness for love" I already told you I have a girlfriend. I blurted out

He gave a dry chuckle and then looked at the far end. "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel. Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing. Others will look at the colors of your eyes, but I see your soul through your eyes. When I look at your beautiful eyes, all I see is myself. Language seems limited in comparison to your eyes. Your eyes tell me everything without opening your mouth. I like your eyes. He turns to look at me. Your eyes say it all." Yibo said. He sniffed and wiped his tears!   

Speechless is an understatement, I opened my mouth to talk but no words came out, my throat failed me, my heart bleed, my hands trembled, and I had to quickly hide them in my pocket. I was just staring at him with a gaping mouth.

"There is a worse place than Hell, I am in it". I know exactly how he felt.

He giggled, sniffed, and stared back at me. It's okay Zhan, I understand you can't love me, I was way in my head "who'd love a weakling like me" he said!

With labored breath his name managed to come out of my mouth like a whisper. "Yibo, ple-please don't misunderstand me"

"He stood up, rubbed his face, and gave me a sad smile" it's okay Zhan, I am better now, you don't have to come to see me anymore"

"Yibo please don't misunderstand me, I want you as much as you want me but"

But I am not good enough for you, right? he hissed and walked inside.

I woke up all sweaty and panting, his pillow was soaked with my tears. I was heartbroken by his words. I wish I could tell him how much I love him and want to be with him but I can't because he needs to wake up.

I slowly left his bedside and drove home, I laid on the couch and went blank!

I flinched when I heard my phone ring and then I hissed when I saw who was calling. It is Jiang Cheng, my childhood friend who traveled abroad to study...

I hesitated before I picked up his call.

What do you want, Cheng?

"Your head" Zhan. He replied sarcastically.

You can have it, Cheng. I hissed.

I just landed at the airport on my way to your house. Are you around?

I'm at home, I replied dryly.

After what felt like forever he finally arrived at my house. He is a total pain in the ass but I love him regardless.

He tapped my head, ouch, Cheng that hurts. 

Why are you looking all gloomy, not happy to see me? Should I go back to where I came from? He whined.

No, Cheng I just had a shitty day. I replied

He hugged me so tight. I missed you, Zhan, I hugged him back, I miss you too.

He pulled away and looked at me and asked "girl trouble " what is wrong with you? Come on tell me.

I gave him a dirty look. I wish it was girl trouble. I wouldn't think about it twice.

Really? Okay then spill, what is it, someone killed your baby?

What? No...no one killed my baby.

So what is it, did someone bully you? give me their house address let me go and break their legs.

What else can you do aside from breaking peoples legs?

Crush their soul.

I just laughed...he made me forget about my troubled heart. I don't want to talk about what's bothering me but he kept pestering and pestering.

I told him about Yibo. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him, he drives me crazy. I want to be with him but I can't because once he wakes up he's going to forget all about me. A tear dropped from my eyes...

Why will he forget you? He asked impatiently

That's how my spiritual power works. I heal you to get back to life back, to reality and the moment you open your eyes you forget about me.

Oh, wow that's hard, really hard, so how have you been coping? He asked.

Once I heal you I don't have any business with you anymore, they forget me. I don't make a big deal out of it, but this one is different. This is the first time it's happened to me.

Is there nothing you can do to make him remember you? He asked sharply.

"There's something but I can't do it without his consent."

Well, it is all settled then, if you love him as much as you claim then why don't you talk to him about it and hear what he has to say? Or maybe you should make him fall in love with you all over again. Cheng laughed mockingly.

No, I want to continue from where we stopped.

Then talk to him.

I heard footsteps coming to my room but they retracted again. Maybe it's the cook. Cheng, let's go and eat.

 Cheng, let's go and eat