0.5

It's almost 12 at night and I have school tomorrow And I'm sorry if this update is shit. Oh! And be watching out for two new stories I'll be posting soon! Tell me what you think of this chapter yo!

It was the perfect place really.

Away from all the noise and stress a small town has to offer, the little old book store was a small escape from the noisy towns people. Mia enjoyed working in the shop, happy with how business was going for her and her co workers. Not many people knew about the store, but those who did always came back.

Mia sat at the front desk of the shop, her head trapped in an old romance novel that a customer had suggested to her a few weeks ago. It was Monday afternoon and Mia's stomach fluttered at the thought of her date with Ashton tomorrow night.

She told her friends about him, Louise obviously wanting to go down and meet him before the date, but Mia stopped her before anything like that could happen.

Mia looked up at the sound of the bells ringing as the door opened and in stepped two young, pretty girls. Both giggling and practically skipping to the back of the store. Mia frowned at their choice of outfits. It was freezing outside, did they really pick fashion over warmth? Mia looked down at her outfit and sighed. She thought she dressed nice today with her blue jeans and black knitted sweater but after seeing girls dressed in short skirts and tank tops, she noticed the way her sweater bunch up at her tummy and how her jeans looked too tight on her thighs.

There goes her good mood.

Mia shook her head and began to tie her hair into a high ponytail before closing her book and putting it neatly in her handbag to take home. She looked down at her watch, seeing that it was almost closing time but Mia hated having to close up shop.

Mia was usually the first and last person to leave the store. She didn't mind it really, she enjoyed being here in the shop and she didn't want old Mrs Daisy closing up alone. She would sometimes stay after closing time to get her work ready for the next day.

Mia knew it was sad, but it was her routine and she really didn't mind.

Mia stood up from her seat and began collecting her things before grabbing the keys to lock up. She looked over at the two giggling girls who were looking in the fiction selection. Her stomach began to turn at the thought of human interaction, especially with pretty girls who seemed like the girls she went to high school. Those girls weren't very nice to Mia in school.

Mia began to make her way over to the girls, mentally preparing herself and hoping to whatever God was listening that she didn't fall over.

"Hi girls, sorry but we're about to close up for the night." Mia spoke softly, hoping they could hear her.

The girls looked at Mia, one smiled slightly, the other rolling her eyes. They began putting their books back and turning around and walking out of the shop.

Mia let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. How could she possibly handle a date with Ashton if she couldn't even talk to people of the same sex?

-

"So when do we get to meet him?"

Mia looked up at Louise and frowned. She'd only known Ashton for a short period of time, why would Louise want to meet him now?