10

So, it's been like 11 years since i've updated huh? Don't forget to vote and comment guys! Oh and I hope people don't get annoyed whenever Mia questions her weight in a chapter, because remember this story is focused based around an insecure woman.This chapter was sort of a filler but not really. Oh I've got a Luke story coming up too, greaser!luke, what do you think? - B

It had been a few weeks since the horrible night of Calum's party and things were looking up. 

Mia was still working at the diner and at the library whenever she had the chance. Ashton always tried to have his lunch break at the diner whenever she was working, but whenever he was there, she found that she couldn't keep up her concentration with him shooting her small smirks and making little comments whenever she walked past him. Since the party, Ashton had been working on his anger knowing what happened at the party cannot happen again. Whenever him and Mia found themselves getting into a heated argument and he was about to say something he would soon forget, he would head down to the garage and work on his bike to cool off for a bit before they would talk to each other.

She spent most of her time at Ashton and Luke's apartment, most of her clothes were stored and placed all around Ashton's room. He never mentioned it to her, hopefully that meant he was okay with it all. She knew Luke was more than happy with her being around a lot, he could never pass up her cooking.

Mia was currently at the library, ordering some children books on the shelves when she felt a set of hands on her waist. She jumped up a bit, spinning around to see a very dirty Ashton grinning down at her. She tried not to touch any part of him covered in the grease but she was finding that to be quite hard considering it was all over him. 

'Admit it though girl, you can't resist him in his uniform.' She thought to herself.

"What are you doing here, I thought you had lots of work to do today?"

He shrugged his shoulders and kissed her cheek before letting her go, "I thought I'd come and visit you since there is never anyone in here."

Mia frowned slightly before placing the remaining books onto the shelf and walking back over to the front desk, Ashton in tow. 

She enjoyed working here and yeah, not many people came in but that because not many people knew about this place.

Mia took a seat and switched on the computer, not bothering to look up at the man standing in front of her.

She heard Ashton sigh and the distance of his footsteps. She looked up to see that he had left.

But then she felt hands on her shoulders.

Apparently not.

"You're not allowed to be behind the desk Ashton." she tried to say sternly.

"Well I think an exception can be made just this once. You see, I've got the hots for the woman working here, you might know her. She's probably the prettiest girl i've ever laid my eyes on and has the body that I'm sure a lot of people have died for. Know her?"

'Don't you dare cave Mia, he will not win this one with his sweet words' her brain was screaming at her.

Mia smiled sweetly and turned to face herself in front of Ashton, who had a proud smirk on his face.

"Yeah I know her, Mrs Cane right? Grey hair? 85 years old? Ashton, I just don't appreciate you making fun of this place" She said, crossing her arms over her front.

Ashton's smirk dropped and was replaced by a smile. Relief?

"I'm sorry for making fun of this place. I just don't want you to be all alone here all day long."