Chapter 8: The Aftermath, and Moving Forward

Its that time againnnnnnn :D

Starting at 20:10, got me some milk and a whole ton of ton of work to do so imma keep this short. Any mistakes or advice pointed out would be rally helpful, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and i'll see you at the end.

Now anyway.. where did we leave off?

Ah right!

________________________________________________________________________________

A head dropped to the floor, and behind the once alive man stood Killua. The boy's right arm was covered in the same blood that coated the floors. The room was silent, for the most part. No one spoke, or rather, no one could speak. After all, unconscious and dead bodies couldn't really speak.

Killua thought fast, and while he was focused almost entirely on killing the ones who dared threaten his friends, he didn't want to lose said friends due to killing those people. So the flash of electricity was not only Killua catching the quirk erasing bullet but was also him giving everyone a quick chop to the neck. 

The boy let out a long sigh. It had been so long since he killed someone, and while he wasn't exactly proud of the fact he reverted to his old ways, it did succeed it relieving him of his anger. Looking behind him, he saw a headless overhaul, and two unrecognisable bodies that were made by his thunderbolt. Killua didn't really mean to kill those two, but he forgot just how dangerous his nen was to these people who can't even use ten. But movement over near Mirio caught his attention. And that was when killua realised a fatal flaw in his plan. 

'Shit.. i forgot about Eri..'

Killua quickly got to work, dumping the bodies that were once his enemies behind a rock so the little girl wouldn't have to see them. After wiping the blood off of his hands he went over to the cape, making sure to kneel down on the opposite side to all of the blood, and spoke in the most gentle voice someone who just killed three people could muster. "Hey Eri, its safe now. You can come out.."

The cape moved slightly but otherwise no move to leave it was made. Killua could understand this, its not like she knows who he was. "I took care of Overhaul and the other bad people okay? No one is gonna hurt you anymore kid." The boy said as he slowly began removing the cape, being careful to make it block out all signs of blood. The girl was still unmoving even without the cape, much to Killua's dismay. Once again he was reminded of his inability to show sympathy well, which was something he had cursed his family for on numerous occasions since he got here. Suddenly his face lit up as he got an idea on how to get through to Eri. 'Children like sweets right? Maybe if i...' He stuck his hand into his pocket and grabbed one of his apple flavoured lollipops. He had all sorts of flavours stashed, so he just picked out the one which was his least favourite. 'Goodbye my treasure, while you definitely weren't the best, i will remember you'  the boy thought as he slowly unwrapped it.

He slowly opened her hand and placed the lollipop on top of it. "Here, children like sweet things right?" The timid girl lifted her head and Killua gave her a small smile while reaching to grab another one from his pocket and unwrapping it. Eri looked to her hand, clearly confused on what to do with what Killua gave her. 'I can't believe this kid hasn't had a lo- oh wait, yeah i can..".

"Look, you eat it like this" he said while sticking his lollipop into his mouth. "But don't bite on it, just keep it there for a while. Okay?" Killua told her, and after a few moments she followed his instructions. Even Killua was surprised at how quickly her face changed from slightly scared and confused to overjoyed. "Woahhhh, so yummy!" she said with her eyes practically shining. Killua found it kind of weird that she didn't even smile while saying something with such enthusiasm, but shrugged it off.