26 ° piercing

PoV Tom

 I looked at him confused and pretty surprised.

Sure, Redd had several ear piercings since back then, but a tongue piercing? In my world it's hardcore..

He chuckled and said. "One time when I was in Italy, there was this piercing studio. I actually just wanted to buy new jewelry for my ears, but then I got this offer..."

° Flashback to Italy in the Piercing Studio°

PoV Redd

I looked through the many glass showcases with the most diverse pieces of jewellery. I had just sold a statue for a very good price and wanted to treat myself. But I didn't find anything that really spoke to me.

I had no idea what I really wanted. So I wasn't sure if I should buy anything at all. In the end I was still short on cash. But I also kinda wanted to treat myself again..

"Hi! What can I do for you?" - "Hello, I wanted to get my tongue pierced. Do you have time today?" - "Yes, I can push you in at 4:30 p.m.  Also we have an discount at the moment! Each tongue piercing is discounted by 50%. From 50,000 Bells to 25,000 Bells!" - "Sounds good! Do you still need my data or something?" - "Yeah! I need your ID, please."

I overheard the conversation between the shopkeeper and a young customer. Luckily I took part in this Italian class back then, so i could understand what they were saying. This dicount is not uninteresting tho..

"But here I see.. you're not yet 18. I'm sorry, tongue piercings are now 18+." - "Seriously? Can't you pierce me anyway? I'll pay extra too!" - "No sorry! Don't really wanna do anything illegal to be honest." He chuckled. The customer looked annoyed, took her ID and made her way out. But not without first mumbling a "dumbass.."

Lovely girl..

The piercer shook his head and sat back on the bar stool.

I was just standing by the showcases with the earrings, but now I'm going to the tongue piercings. I had never thought about other piercings. Must hurt like hell. I don't know if I dare to do that. I just want to take a look!

The jewelry for the tongue somehow didn't appeal to me at all. If I really did get it, I'd just stick with the silver. I didn't like it at all in bright colors or with colorful little stones.

I stood infront of one of the many mirrors. I stuck out my tongue and imagined what it would look like. In my imagination it looked pretty good! It would probably suit me..

So I stood there with my tongue out until the piercer just now appeared in the mirror behind me. Startled and embarrassed, I quickly pulled my tongue back in and turned around.

He was a few inches taller than me, which was impressive. I was in general quite tall, but that he's still bigger than me was unexpected. His right eyebrow had two piercings. I could spot a septum on his nose too. He also had snakebites and one or the other tattoo could be seen on his arms.

"You overheard the discount, didn't you?" - "Yes, but I don't know if that's really something for me." I told him honestly. He took a step back, put his hand on his chin and looked at me.

"It would suit you for sure, but a tongue piercing is of course something completely different from your decorated ears." He said. "That's why I'm so unsure. Also because of the pain and on the other hand because of the healing process. Should get on my nerves quite a bit.." - "Oh yes! The pain after being pierced and the healing process is exhausting. You will drool for about 2 days, not really being able to eat and it will be difficult to talk for you anyway. But the risk of an infection is pretty low."