22 ° The grin

PoV Flick
I pulled CJ next to me and walked towards them, now holding hands. Leyla pulled me and CJ into a warm hug, Tom shook hands with both of us and I held out my hand to Redd.

"Hey, I'm Flick! You must be Redd, right? "I smiled at him, surprisingly he didn't reply. He just stared at me and said nothing. Leyla looked at the blue-haired dude too and groaned in annoyance.

"Hopkins, I told you to stay at home!" She grabbed his shoulders and pushed him from the plaza. "I'll be right back! I just have to bring this child to his house!" she yelled while walking away.

I watched the two of them leave until they disappered. I looked at Tom in confusion. "Uhm, what was that?" Tom just shook his head. "This was Hopkins. Always sick and pretty stupid, if I can say it like that."

"Well anyways. Let's go inside already. Leyla will probably stay away for a few more minutes. Redd is already waiting inside." Tom made his way into the town hall. The doors opened and we entered the spacious town hall.

The first thing that caught my eye was Isabel. She was shining and gave me a happy wave. Smiling i waved back at the girl. Isabel and I always got along well.

I looked away from her, at a tall red-haired man who confidently leaned against the wall with a cheeky grin. He pushed himself off the wall, came up to me and held out his hand. "Hey! I'm Redd!" He introduced himself and had this incredibly hypnotising grin on his lips. "Nice to meet you!" I shook his hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you too! I am Flick."

"I have to say that I'm pretty surprised that you got the painting done so quickly. I thought you might need a week. That's why I hope that the painting is precise and has good details."

"Tch-" Redd gave me a snooty look. "Of course it is detailed and high quality! Everything else would be unacceptable." He turned and took the painting that was leaning against the wall.

PoV third person

The redhead elegantly presented the picture. Flick couldn't believe his eyes! He inhaled sharply and put his hand over his mouth. CJ, who was on his damn phone the whole time, looked up and took a step closer to his boyfriend. He put a hand on his shoulder.

"You okay, Fli-" He looked at the painting and did the same as Flick. He took his hand off his shoulder and covered his mouth with both. The insect lover's eyes slowly got wet and seemed to sparkle. He wanted to say something, but no words left his mouth. CJ was also speechless. Redd, however, looked proud of the picture and nodded confidently.

Tom just watched the whole thing calmly. He didn't really know what to think about the whole situation and he didn't quite understand it either. Why was Redd suddenly so arrogant and self-confident? He had been so unsure about meeting Flick yesterday..

Of course he has this 'persona' of his but it was still surprising how fast and convincing he could switch that up!

Leyla burst into the town hall. "So, Hopkins is in bed.." She stood next to Flick and CJ and looked at the painting. The girl looked happy and excidet! "Hey, that's really good! Respect Redd!" Redd's grin only grew and he proudly looked at Leyla to thank her.

"So what do you think of the picture?" She stood in front of Flick and CJ. She waved her hand in front of their eyes and spoke. "Are you good?" Asked the girl in confusion.

Flick seemed to have woken from his delusion. He pulled Redd into a big hug. Redd accepted the hug warmly and put his head on Flick's shoulder. The two were about the same height.

"Thank you very much, Redd! The painting is the best I've ever seen! I am overwhelmed and would like to continue working with you!" He released the hug but still held Redd by both hands. CJ had a intensive look on the two and pushed Redd away from Flick. Flick just laughed in response to his action.

"Calm down, CJ. Redd is not going to get wrong thoughts. He already has a boyfriend himself."

Redd now looked confused. "Who should that be?" You could hear the arrogance in his voice. Flick let out a laugh. "Well, my dear friend and colleague, Tom Nook!" He pointed to the brown-haired one leaning against the door.

When he heard his name, he blushed and made it clear that the two were not a couple. Redd laughed. "Not yet!" He looked at Tom with his sharp eyes and put an arm around him. Nook pushed him gently away. "Don't say such nonsense." Embarrassment was reflected in his face.

"Anyways. I will send the payment to you from the airport. Should be there tomorrow." Flick took the picture and was about to leave the building.

Tom stepped in and put an arm in front of his chest. "You don't want to take a closer look at it? You said you would need half an hour to deside if it's to your liking. And now you just take it with you?" Flick just smiled. "This painting is so wonderful, it doesn't need a second look. Anyways I'm going to visit my favorite sisters now. Thanks and bye!" The couple left the town hall and there was silence.

However, Tom broke it and pushed Redd to the wall. He was now pressed against the wall and still had this grin on his lips. "Not yet, huh? Was that an indirect invite for a date?" He came closer to Redd. The tips of her noses almost touched and Redd leaned down a little. Now the noses actually touched. "If you like. Tomorrow evening. In my house."

He moved away and just realized that they weren't alone in the town hall.

---

[1006 words]