17 ° Flick and CJ

PoV Tom Nook

We got back to the island and Redd dropped the anchor. Together we walked across the plank, we made our way to the town hall.

"So I'm going to call the guy who brings me the materials for your house and then I'll take care of your job, okay?" -  "Good. I'll go find Leyla and see what she is doing. Thanks Tom!" - "No problem!"

So he left and I entered the town hall. Isabel was not there. I sat in my seat and took out my phone. I flipped through my notebook and found the number of the person who sends me the materials.

I quickly called him and ordered all the necessary materials. "I could still bring them over today if you like? Me and my workers would be there around 6pm."

"Perfect! Please call when you are on your way, so I can put the tent away." We said goodbye and I hung up.

I picked up the notebook again and skipped through it. I looked for the number from an old friend who also worked a lot with art. Hopefully he needs some help.

I typed in the number and called. "Hello?" His voice came through the receiver.

"Hey Flick! Nice to hear you!" - "Oh nook it's you! How are you?"

"I'm fine! How are you and CJ doing? Everything good so far?" - "Yes, everything good! We don't really have much to do at the moment. CJ is fishing a lot and is already getting information about all new fish for the next month and I mainly take care of my insect breeding."

"And you? Is there anything new on the island? New residents?" - "Yes, we have a new resident who is an old friend of mine."

"To be honest I wanted to ask you something, Flick.." - "Go ahead Nook!" - "My friend quit his job and is looking for a new one. He is quite talented artistically and makes beautiful paintings."

"I want to look for a new job for him and since he is also interested in art like you, I thought that he could help you with your art projects."

"He could make you detailed paintings of the insects! Or would help you make your insect models. I don't think insect breeding is something for him, but please think about it, will you?"

Nothing came from Flick? "Flick are you still there..?" Again nothing. Irritated, I took the phone off my ear and looked at the display. He didn't hang up.. Strange. I decided to just stay on the call and waited.

After a few minutes I heard CJ's voice on the phone. "CJ? Is that you?" - "Yes, it's me. Flick just ran to me happily and babbled something from a new colleague and you. Unfortunately I couldn't ask him again about it because he ran away with a net."

"Can you explain to me what's going on?" CJ sounded amused. "Oh! I was wondering why nothing came from him! A friend of mine moved to the island and needs a job. And because he is also interested in art and I thought that he could help Flick with his insect models."

"Or could paint paintings of certain insects." - "Ah, I see! Flick has been trying to find self-painted paintings of his favorite insects for a while, but all he found were pretty sloppy."

"He was pretty frustrated and apparently he really liked your offer!" - "That's great! The best thing you can do is tell him to call me back as soon as possible so that he can get to know Redd, my friend, and maybe get his first task. "

"I will! See you, Nook!" - "Bye!" Relieved I hung up and leaned back.

---

PoV Redd

I walked comfortably across the island on my way to Leyla's house. Hopefully she is there. Then I can tell her about the job offer that Tom made me.

The lights were turned off in her house and there was no reaction to a knock. Where could she be? Maybe a nook's cranny? Or with the able sisters? On another island? I decided to have a look at nook's cranny.

I walked across the brick bridge. There was the shop, between many colorful flowers and two giant dinosaur skeletons. I entered the shop and found no one but Timmy, Tommy and Punchy.

"Hello Redd!" - "Hello.", repeated Timmy, his brother Tommy. "Hey! Did you see Leyla?"

"Yes, we have!" - "We have."

"She bought a wallpaper and wanted to go to the beach with Isabel!"- "With Isabel."

"Thank you very much!" Tommy nodded to me. "No problem!" - "Exactly."

I left the shop and headed for the beach. I passed Del's and Kidd's houses. Neither seemed to be there. I searched everywhere on the beach and finally found Leyla, Kidd and Isabel sitting on the jetty.

Kidd spotted me first and waved me over to them. "Hello Redd!" Kidd said.

"This morning you were gone pretty quickly. Where did you have to go?" Leyla asked with interest. "Yes, that's right.. I had to send you your paintings and visited my mother. I took Tom with me as a stowaway."

"So there he was! We've been looking for him all morning!" - "What about your house now? That should be built today." Isabel said.

"I do not know. You have to ask Tom. He should be in the town hall and Leyla?" She looked at me. "Can I talk to you in private?" - "Of course!" She got up.

"I would then make my way to the town hall. Kidd are you coming with me?" He nodded silently and we parted. The two went towards the town hall and Leyla and I continued along the beach.

---

[974 words]

damn i hate punchy's name. In german he is julian (not the best but better that punchy wtf)