24 ° The Date

PoV Redd

I swung the door open and Tom stood infront of it. He had a warm smile on his lips and greeted me. I stepped aside to let him in. "So.. what do you thing about my house? Nice, right? Leyla gave me a bunch of old stuff and from the money i got from Flick, i bought some decoration and wallpaper."

He kept looking around as he said: "It's pretty nice in here. Not really my taste, but still very cool. I can definitely see that you live here. The mess, the corner with the paint and all the different colors. Definitely very personal." - "Yes, that's right! As you know, I've never been so organized and tend to live in creative chaos. It may seem messy and dirty to a lot of people, but I think it's best that way!"

I giggled. "Come on, let's move to the kitchen."

"Please sit down." While he was sitting down, I went to the oven and carefully took out the lasagna. I put it on two plates and placed them on the table. I sat down infront of Tom.

"I would have never believed that you can cook." We started eating. "Actualy, Leyla helped me. I never learned to cook."

"But I'm pretty sure that you can cook, right ?" I looked at him. He swallowed his food and spoke. "Well, more or less. I can just make pasta and a sauce, but that's it. But I would really like to be able to cook."

We talked a lot about cooking and a lot of other things during the meal. We never ran out of topics to talk about. The food tasted good and the overall situation was pleasant. I have to admit that it felt almost like your dates in the past.

---

We finished eating and sat down on my sofa.

"How long have you been on this island?"

"I've been working here from the start and I think it should be around 4 years now." I looked at the man next to me in shook. "4 years? What did you do before that?" - "I was working in a small village. There I also worked as a construction planner and had my own shop. Timmy and Tommy were there too. Just like Leif and the Able sisters. And in the town hall of the village was Isable working."

"We all worked together and one day saldy all the villagers took a different path and moved away. For us it meant that nobody was shopping anymore. So we had to look for something new."

"We chose this island and were looking for a leader. Then we meet Leyla and we started this project with her. And as you can see, everything went well and now we're here." I had listened to him until the end. "I think it's really amazing how you built up this island! Respect."

"Thank you! Um, do you want to watch a movie or something? We really talked a lot, my head is  hurting." He laughed at the end of the sentence. "Yes, of course! We can do that."

I crouched in front of the television and opened a drawer. In it I had my DVDs, which I had hidden between behind the toilet on my boat.

"I don't have movies, but anime. I don't know if you've heard of it before.. They're pretty popular in Japan.." I heard him get up. He crouched next to me and picked Tokyo Ghoul out of the drawer. 

"Anime, huh? Didn't you sometimes mentioned anime in the past..? "He asked this while reading the blurb from the anime. Before I could answer, he interrupted me.

His eyes were wide open and he looked at me distraught. "Ghouls that eat humans? What the hell redd? I know you like horror and stuff, but cannibalism? That's disgusting.."

I just laughed and took the anime from his hand. "Then maybe this is something for you!" I gave him My Hero Academia. "How about this one? Less blood and horror!" He also read this blurb, but didn't look convinced.

"Is that something like Marvel? Well, I don't like superheroes to be honest." He gave it back to me as I looked at him with my mouth open and my eyes wide. Did he just compare Marvel to Mha?

"Now don't look so shocked and suggest something better!" I pulled Haikyuu out. "Volleyball! I think you might like it!" I looked at him excidet, but unfortunately he didn't look enthusiastic about this anime either.

"Then let's do it like that! You reach into the box with your eyes closed and pull out an anime and we watch the one you pull, okay?" He just shrugged and did it.

He rummaged in the drawer, in which around 20 different anime were in, for several seconds  and pulled one out. Tom open his eyes and read the name. "Kakegurui."

I blushed and pulled the anime out of his hand. "U-Uhm let's try that again." I quickly made it disappear. Tom just grinned and came closer to me. "What? Is the anime so bad?" He teased. I just looked away from him and shook my head. "No no! It's just-- uhm, it.. HAS a lot of violence and blood! Yes, a lot of violence and blood. Far too brutal!" Tom didn't really believe me, but let it be.

He reached into the drawer again. I heard the DVD cases rattle. He had Yuri on Ice in his hand. I knew it was a boyslove anime, but I hardly think there was anything about the lovestory on the back. There was probably only something about figure skating. That's why I stayed relaxed here.

"Hmm, sport again. No, uninteresting." He put it back.

"Ugh .. Then tell me what genre you like! Then we can start with the watching faster. After all, animes have several episodes and often a few seasons."

"I like to watch thrillers or just something exciting. I don't know.."

"Okay! I know exactly what fits there!" I took Death Note out of the drawer and didn't give him the DVD this time. "Let yourself be surprised. If you don't like it, we can still watch something else."

"Well, then let's just see that. Otherwise we will never come to an end." Happily, I put the DVD into the TV and switched it on.

Hopefully he likes it..

---

[1074 words]

smells like hell for the non weebs