19 ° Sleepover

PoV Redd

"Tell me, Leyla.. where did you put my painting stuff? I can't remember seeing any of it in the boxes.." - "Oh, they left everything in the boat. Everything should be in the bathroom." She answered as she continued to work on the flowers.

I looked confused. "Why in the bathroom?" She shrugged and finished the wreath. "Well, I'll go then!" I waved to them and ran to my boat.

PoV Tom Nook

Redd left the house and I was alone in the kitchen with Leyla. "Do you want to help me?" Leyla asked. "Oh, I don't have it with this kind of stuff." I stroked my face and leaned back. "Then at least pick the flowers for Redd's wreath."

With a sigh I took some flowers that looked nice and put them down for her. I have no idea about flowers or colors.

"You seem tired, Mr. Nook." She remarked. "Yes.. I worked on a lot of papers today, made phone calls and took care of Redd's house. I'm really tired.." -  "Then don't you wanna go home?" I nodded. "Actually yes, but I have to talk to you about something else."

"So, Redd's house is currently being finished and painted. But he probably can't sleep in it today because of the stinky fresh color. That's why he needs to sleep at someones place for the night."

"Then he could sleep here, right? I really don't want to set up the tent a second time." - "I would like to let him stay here, but today Cherry and I want to watch a movie together. We wanted to watch it for a while."

"But he could sleep at your place, right? I mean, you have enough space and I can give you a second bed. I don't think that Redd would have a problem with it either." I looked at her surprised by the answer.

"At my place?" I looked at her skeptically. "Yes, why not? Could be fun." - "Fun? I don't think it will be so fun for Redd. Half the night I'll just sort papers and write e-mails anyway. Redd would only be bored."

"Can't he watch the movie with you?" She shook her head. "No. I promised Cherry that only us two would watch it. We wanted to do it for quite a while now." I sighed and said. "Fine, then he can come to me." I got up and slowly walked out of the kitchen. Leyla just smiled and said goodbye to me.

---

PoV Redd

Before I went to the boat, I got my oil lamp and a jacket. It was already getting dark and of course I have to see what happens on the paper.

After getting all my painting utensils out of the boat, I laid out everything on the small beach in front of my boat. I placed the butterfly next to the paper on my little working station and sat on the stool.

I moved the butterfly in the right position and took the first colors to start. The sun slowly set behind the paper and I switched on the lamp.

---

Timeskip

I had finished the painting and was washing my brushes. While i was painting, it got pretty dark and quite cold. With the wash out I hurried and put everything back in the boat. The painting also went into my boat and I left the beach.

I really put a lot of effort into the painting and really liked the result. During the time I was painting, Leyla called me to say I would be staying at Nook's house today. So I made my way there. Hopefully he doesn't sleep. I really don't wanna wake him up.

I knocked on the door and heard a chair inside that was being pushed back. The door opened and Nook looked at me with tired eyes. "There you are. I thought you wouldn't come anymore. Come in." He move to the side and let me come in.

"You can put your shoes there." I placed my shoes on his small shoe rack and looked around.

 Seems like he was a minimalist and fairly simple. No special colors, everything was kept bright and simple. He had two more rooms. One across from the front door and the other on the left.

"Your bed is there and the bathroom is here. Feel at home and when you're hungry the fridge is there." He sat down at his desk. "Thank you, Tom. "

I sat on my bed, which was on the right side of the wall. "Do you know where my boxes are?" He looked at me. "Leyla had taken them with her, incase it rains tonight. Why?" - "I would like to wear something different to sleep."

I got up again. "I'll quickly go to Leyla and get my clothes." I was already on my way to put on my  shoes when Tom stopped me.

"Uhm, i- i can give you some of my clothes if you want to.. Not that I want to give them to you or anything!" He crossed his arms and looked away blushing. Surprised by his offer I didn't say anything.

Apparently I was silent for too long because Nook just shook his head and muttered a 'forget it'. I gathered myself and spoke. "Well, if it's not a problem, I'd like to take the clothes." I scratch the back of my head embarrassed and Nook got up.

"Wait here." He left the room, came back with clothes and handed them over to me. "That are the biggest clothes that i have." He went to sit at the table and look at his papers. I myself changed in the bathroom and was lucky that everything fit.

---

[965 words]