6 ° Questions

PoV Leyla

I still looked at Mr. Nook. He sighed loudly and mumbled something. "What did you say? I didn't understand you." He mumbled the same thing louder again. "Don't mumble louder! You should speak more clearly. Stop annoying me."

"Okay, okay! I'm building the house for him." He said clearly now and I clapped my hands happily. "Perfect! Redd you heared th- " I turned around and didn't see him. "Huh? Where is he?"- "Isabel is gone too.."

"I'll go find them. Maybe Isabel is already showing him the island?" I opened the door. "Please prepare everything already. He should move in tomorrow!"

Walking out of the town hall, Bunnie welcomed me. "Hey Leyla! Tell me, did you see this guy with TOTAL cute red hair? He runs around here with Isabel! I have NEVER seen Isabel running around outside! She only sits around in the town hall. As a pop star, I could never do that! Well, see you later!"

"Hey wait! Where did you see them?" I stopped her. "Well back there!" She pointed towards the iron bridge. "But now I really have to go! I have to practice my pirouettes!" And so she hopped away humming.

I ran to the bridge which was right next to my house and walked over it. "Hm, where are they?" I muttered to myself.

I went past my waterfall to Sherbs house. "Seems like he isn't home.." I turned in a circle once and ran into my little fruit plantation.

"Isabel?! Redd?! Are you here?!" - "Yes over here!" I quickly ran over to them.

"I've convinced Mr. Nook! You can now find a place for your house. Mr. Nook does the rest." - " Thank you very much, Leyla! " He took my hands in his and looked deep into my eyes. "No need to thank me! But tell me, before I pulled you to the town hall, what did you mean by "THE Tom Nook"? Do you know any more Tom Nooks or.. what do you mean? "

"During my travels I met a lot of Toms and also a lot of Nooks. Over time I got used to the name but there was never a guy named 'Tom Nook' so i knew you were talking about my Ex.."

"Understandable.."

"I have another question Redd.. You do not have to answer if it is too private for you. I was wondering if you could tell us from your point of view what happened between you and Mr. Nook back then? We only heard his side and it was, I would say, not quite so nice." asked Isabel and looked at him funny.

He looked a bit perplexed and said nothing. He swallowed and let go of my hands. He looked uncertainly at the floor and started playing with his fingers.

Isabel realized that she had crossed a line and put a hand on his shoulder. "Okay, maybe that was a little early. I'm sorry, don't feel pushed to anything! Other topic! Should the house be here? We already talked about it."

"Yes, this is good here." He seemed relieved that he didn't have to explain himself. "Well, I'll tell that Mr. Nook quickly and you'd better wait here. Leyla could you cut down the few trees here? That would be nice."

Isabel was gone and I took my axe out of my pocket. "You better take a step back or you get hurt!" I warned him and hit the tree.

I just chopped off the last tree and put my axe away. I picked up the wood and fruit, removed the tree stumps and stuffed everything in my pocket.

I turned to Redd, who hadn't said anything so far, and saw him open-mouthed. "Everything alright?"

"You just chopped off 6 trees with your bare hands! How?!" he looked at me blankly.

I looked at him confused. What is he on about? What is so special about that? "I don't know what you mean? That's the most normal thing in the world. Well anyway we have to wait for Mr. Nook. Has Isabel already shown you everything?" - "Yes, she showed me and explained everything. You have it nice here!"

"But now real talk, why don't you tell us what happened back then?" He remained silent. "You don't need to be emberessed! I don't judge you for anything."

He started playing with his fingers again. Seems like he's doing this when he's nervous.

"I'd like to tell you, but I need some time.. I've never talked to anyone about it.. Not even with Nook or my mother.."

"I'll give you the time you need. But you can always come to me!" I sat down in the grass and looked at the sea. Redd's legs also became heavy and he sat down next to me.

"Uhm, may I ask you what Nook said about me?" I saw how he played with his fingers in the corner of my eye.

"Well, he told us that you completely looded him many years ago. Means that you stole all of his money and then just left without saying a word. He also told us that you were together and had already planned your future."

"That you even had names for your children and had already considered which house you wanted to move to. That's why I thought you were a damn selfish and ignorant asshole but now.. I know you a better and I have the feeling that there is more to it than selfishness."

"There is more than selfishness behind it. I don't know if it sounds dumb, but I'm not a bad person, Leyla.. I- can I tell you what happened later? Now that you've told me what Nook said about me, I really want to tell you the background why i did it."

"Sure! When your tent is up, just come to my house. Isabel and I wanted to cook something together. You know where I live?"

He nodded in confirmation and then Mr. Nook and Isabel came with the tent and the necessary utensils to set it up.

---

[1018 words]

next part tomorrow :) if i forget to change the names:

melinda <- isabel

mimmi <- bunnie

morpheus <- sherb

eugen <- blathers

sometimes i'm just dumb and don't see it sorry xd