Story 2 Part 1:Bullet

This is gonna be a two shot story - to add tension.

•••
"There's an armed robbery taking place downtown. They've set fire to two buildings and are currently robbing a third" AquaLad explained, "Superboy and Robin will deal with the first building, myself and M'ggan the second. Kid Flash and Artemis, you will track the robbers and capture them."

This was responded to by two groans of protest by the the speedster and archer. But before they could start an argument, AquaLad said "I don't care if you hate each other, just focus on the mission" and with that the team climbed aboard the bioship and were off.

•••
Miss Martian landed the bioship.
"M'ggan, please establish a link for the team" Kaldur said.
"Link established" and with that the 3 couples were off to their specific mission.

•••
Currently, Kidflash and Artemis were hidden behind a couple of crates in the third building. A floor above them were the armed robbers.

"So are we just gonna attack and knock them out?" Kidflash asked in a hushed voice.
"Yeah. You see those stairs over there," Artemis pointed to the corner of the room where a spiral staircase was standing,"go up them and as you reach the top get ready to attack.
"Okay then. After you."

Kidflash (going at normal pace) and Artemis snuck over to the staircase. Once they reached the bottom, Artemis got her bow ready,Kidflash put his goggles on. And then they began to climb up. As they reached the top, Kidflash stopped Artemis,
"Hey, just be careful. Okay?"
"Sure Baywatch lets just get this over with"

Artemis fired a smoke arrow into the room to stun its inhabitants. A few seconds later as the smoke began to clear, the couple could see that there were two main men and a few lackeys around them.

Kidflash sped round taking out all the lackeys without even braking a sweat. Before Artemis could even blink he'd thrown one of the main men into the wall and had thrown the other down the stairs (after knocking him out)

"Good job Baywatch, now let's tie these guys up and wait for the the team to come pick 'em up"
Kid Flash went over to tie up the man he'd thrown down the stairs and Artemis the one who'd been thrown against the wall. Due to KF's speed, he finished first and went to go help Artemis.

Artemis was tying up the mans feet. She thought he man was unconscious so had gone for his feet first. She was concentrating so hard that she didn't notice the man pulling out a gun.

It was only when she heard "Artemis, look out!" She turned around only to be shot in the shoulder and leg.

A scream ran out, and Kid Flash jumped into action. He beat up, knocked out and tied up the man before he could blink. Then he knelt down next to Artemis.

"W...Wally?" She said weakly
"Hey" He replied, trying to keep his voice calm. He had to think of a plan quick, before he lost her. He decided it would be best just to take her back to the cave as quickly as possible.

He picked her up, trying not to hurt her too much, and zoomed of to the cave.
•••

Wally ran into the cave and went straight to the med bay. He found Black Canary and explained what had happened. Batman arrived and Wally was pushed aside into the dark hallway whilst they examined Artemis. All he could do was wait and pray.
•••