Story 3:Blood-Curdling Screams

The frustrated archer let out a blood-curdling scream. She kicked an nearby stone, only for it to bounce of the wall and hit her in the eye. She stumbled back and hit her head on the wall. Wally burst out laughing.

"Ow!" She gasped, holding her head. He instantly stopped.
"Uh..are you alright?"
"Yeh, fine Baywatch, come on let's find a way outta here" and with that she stalked off further into the dark cave.

Wally sighed, but followed her dark form. What had he gotten into this time?

Well, my children (haha I'm not saying that again, I'm too young for children), our story starts 30 minutes ago on a beach, somewhere.........

•••
"Hey! NO! HAHAHA! STOP! WALLY!" Artemis spluttered as the red-head pinned her down, and his fingers tickled her rib cage. He stopped but kept one hand firmly on her hip.

"Pleeeeeease Arty?"
"NO! I'm not gonna come exploring with you! I'm tanning here!"
"Okay then, you asked for it" He concluded, with a devilish smirk.
"Wha.....?"

But before she could finish, she was at the end of the pier, looking into the dark, cold water. The only things stopping her from falling were Wally's arms. She pushed her self closer into his body.

"Okay, here's the deal, come exploring with me, and I won't throw you into the water."
"No." He spun her turned her round in his arms.
"No? Okay then suit yourself!" And he let go. But at lighting speed she put her arms round his neck, and pulled him in after her.

The cold water burned against Artemis' hot skin and she let out a blood-curdling scream. When Wally surfaced shortly after, he couldn't stop him self from laughing even though the cold water was sucking all the heat out of him.

Artemis however, failed to see the funny side of things. The water was practically boiling around her. She chased him out the water and down the beach. Sure he could have sped away, but this was too funny.

Until he ran into a cave. She quickly caught up too him in the dark. And she pinned him against one of the walls. Suddenly it wasn't so funny anymore.

"Oooh you're gonna get it now, Kid Idiot!"
"Get what?"
"IT!"

And then this some how began to start an argument. It was a short amount of time before they were screaming at the top of their lungs. Rocks began to tumble around them, but neither noticed until Artemis shouted
"Look out" and pushed him out the way of a boulder.

Well, their only known exit was blocked. And their only option was to go further back into the cave to find a way out, found them. So they chose their first option. And here we are now...

•••
Wally could barely see in the dark cave, but he could still make out Artemis staggering form a couple of feet in front of him. She'd tripped  over her feet a couple of times and he'd just narrowed it down to the darkness. But now she was staggering about as if she was drunk.

Then he remembered. She hit her head. As if on cue, she turned to face him.
"My head hurts" she stated matter-of-factly.
"Hey Blondie, can I take a proper look at your head?"
She turned round and sat down in response. He knelt down beside her. In the dim light, he could make out the blood on her hair. He followed it to a gash about the size of his little finger on the right side of her head.

It was still bleeding and looked really painful. It was gonna need stitches when they got out.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Cuz, I thought we'd be out by now"
"Well we're not. Do you feel sick or dizzy?"
"A bit"
"Don't go to sleep okay, we need to keep walking, but first I need to make a bandage for your head. You're loosing a lot of blood. Is that okay?"
"Yeah, I guess"

He took of his t-shirt and ripped it up into pieces. He never really liked it anyway. The only problem was that it was still wet, with salt water. Salt water+ open wound = pain.

He tried his best to wring them out. But it was no use, it would sting like hell. It was better than bleeding to death though!

"Artemis, I'm going to wrapped these bandages around your head, okay? Now they may sting a little bit but....."
He was cut of by
" Hey, it's okay, I trust you."

Wally began to slowly wrap the bandages round her head, and was met by another blood-curdling scream. He winced, knowing it was him causing her this pain, but carried on.

By the time he had finished Artemis' screams had died down to sobs. He pulled her into his chest and stroking her (non blood stained) hair gently. After a while, she was just sniffing quietly.

"Did it really hurt that much?" She reached up and flicked his forehead. He pretended to be hurt, which made her giggle.

Wally looked down at the girl on his lap. He could just kiss her. So he did. And she kissed him back.

When they broke away, all Artemis' energy came flooding back to her. She stood up and pulled Wally up after her. She smiled up at him, but before she could say anything...........

"HEYYY WAAAALLYYYYYYYY! HEYYY ARRRRTTYYYYYYY! WHERE ARE YOOOUUUUUU?!?!?" The bird brain, shouted as he ran through the cave, straight into them, knocking them both on the floor.

"Hehe....looks like I found you..." He got up and dusted himself off, then help them both back up. "Hey, guys I found them!"

The rest of the team quickly filed into the small part of the cave, clearly happy to see the two alive.

"Artemis, what is wrong with your head?"Kaldur asked
"Oh, I hit it on the wall"
"It looks like you're losing a lot of blood, we must get you stitches immediately!"

And with that they were on their way back. Artemis grabbed Wally's hand, and she knew that he was grinning, even though it was still pretty dark.

"Robin, what's the hold up?"
"Does anyone remember the way out..........?"
"......"

•••