Story 5 Part 2:Running A Fever

Wally awoke feeling 100 times better. Praise the Lord because he could breath again! But he couldn't move. He opened his eyes to find his blonde girlfriend laying across his chest.

He smiled, she looked so peaceful. Until she coughed right in his face.
"Uh oh...."
Artemis began to wake up, and she looked at Wally with a scowl on her face.
"You got me sick!"She rasped,
"I told you!" He shot back,
"I know and I should have listened. I'm sorry...." She started to cry. The sickness was making her emotions haywire.

".....uh.....It's okay Arty, you'll get better soon." He rubbed her back trying to soothe her.

All of a sudden she shot out of the bed and down the hall. Wally found her with her head in the toilet. He pulled back her long blonde hair, and rubbed soothing patterns onto her back (this bit is so cliché 😂).

She finished being sick by letting out a massive sneeze. She wiped her nose on the bottom of her shirt.

Artemis rinsed out her mouth, then Wally picked her up and took her to lay on the Cave's couch, where she fell asleep.

•••
Wally ran back to his room. He grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a few blankets and pillows. He ran back to her to see she was still asleep.

He put the pants on to her cold legs, then covered her in the blankets. He put sat down and put her head in his lap with the cushions underneath it.

"Aw dude, she looks awful. Worse than you!" Robin and the team had just walked in.
"Yes, I must agree, Artemis looks most unwell" Kaldur added.
"What's wrong with her?" M'gann asked.
"She made herself sick by sleeping in my bed"
By this point, Artemis was awake. She poked Wally in the hip.
"It wasn't totally my fault"
"Yeah Arty, it was."

She just flipped him off. Again.

•••