☁️ 𝕋𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕤 ☁️

- A comfort for people with Astraphobia(a fear of thunder and/or lightning) -

Request: no

AU: IRL

Pronouns: any

Genre: fluff

TW: swearing

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

'Goddamn it,'  You flinched as another loud BOOM! shook the walls of your house. 'I fucking hate this.'

You were currently wrapped in a blanket burrito on the couch, hands pressed over your ears, flinching whenever you heard the dreaded sound of thunder. Ever since you were a toddler, you had always been terrified of the loud, angry noises the sky would make. No matter how many times you'd tried getting over the fear you considered 'stupid' and 'childish'. And you absolutely hated it. 

"Mark, just get your ass home already." You mumbled as the wind let out a high-pitched noise and rain pelted your roof.

Mark, otherwise known as Ranboo, the popular Twitch Streamer, as well as your dear lovely giant of a boyfriend, was currently out shopping for more M&Ms. Why? Because they were dumb enough to eat the entire packet. Within 10 minutes. How he did it without throwing up, you will never know.

'Dude, you promised to be back before the storm hit. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!'  You internally screamed at him.

It was true. He promised they'd be back before the storm hit. Which was a little bit over five minutes.

-BOOM-

You let out a loud squeak and clamped your hand tighter around your ears.

"Screw you, Ranbitch."

You began to hum the lyrics of a random song to try and take your mind off of your current situation. Just as you get to the chorus, you hear the familiar sound of keys jingling and the door to your and The Boober King's home. You breathe a sigh of relief and peek out of your safety burrito to hear footsteps approaching your lounge room.

Then Ranboo walks in, drying his dirty blonde hair that had been soaked with rain water with a towel. A white plastic bag hung off the crook of their elbow. You can't help but crack a small smile. 'L. Imagine going out in the rain. What a loser.'

"About time, rainbow." You smile at him, then involuntary squeak like a mouse again as more thunder rolls across the sky. "Does it really take you that long to get a bag of goddamn M&Ms?"

"Sorry, N/N. It was raining pretty hard, and I didn't reeeally feel like dying today." He says, sitting next to you and dropping the towel on the floor, along with the bag. Ranboo pulls you on their lap and wraps their arms around you and for the first time since the storm hit, you relaxed.

"It's fine. Just don't take so long next time, dickhead." You smile, wrapping your arms round his chest and pressing your forehead against it. "What's in the bags, anyway?"

"Well," They say, unwrapping his noodle arms from your smaller frame and picking up the plastic bag. "I know how much you hate thunderstorms-"

"That is an understatement."

"-so I thought we'd watch a couple of movies and eat snacks to keep your mind of it."

Dumping the contents onto your lap, you found your lap stacked with a bunch of your favourite chips, candy, and of course, his treasured M&Ms.

"Oh my god-" You grin widely and cover your have with your hands, groaning happily.

(A/N: am I the only one that does this? Like, anyone else groan when someone does something nice for you? Or is it just me?)

"Babe- I- my god..." You peak up at them from behind your hands, and he's smiling.

'Goddamn it, Mark, why do you have to be so fucking thoughtful? I hate you-' 

"You idiot..." You shake your head, still smiling as your partner wraps his arms around you once more.

-BOOM!-

'AHHHHH!" You scream and latch yourself onto the beanpole as an abnormally loud crash erupts from the sky. It was one of those sky rumbles where lightning and thunder strike at the same time, creating an ear-splitting sound that made you want to curl into a ball and cry. Your heart sped up and tears pricked your eyes.

"Jesus Christ..." You trailed off as Ranboo hugged you tighter, rubbing comforting circles into your back and gently rocking you back and forth.

"It's okay, love, you're gonna be okay. The storm can't hurt you."

So, for the rest of the day, there you and Ranboo sat, cuddling, watching movies and forgetting about the storm.

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(A/N: First one-shot done! WOO! Tell me, how'd I do? Was it good? Or was it terrible? Lemme know!)

Be gay, do crime. Be trans, throw hands

Also, make sure to eat and drink :]