☁️ 𝕋𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝔽𝕝𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 ☁️

You're on one of the school volleyball teams, and your coach decides that both teams should play a game against the other team

Request: no

AU: IRL

Pronouns: she/they

Genre: fluff

TW: minor swearing

This was inspired by MarbleHornets_OTAKU! Go check their version out!

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

"Even if it's practise, try to win this." Our team captain of the girl's volleyball team says as we position ourselves.

Currently, we were about to start a game of volleyball against the boys team. Slightly unfair? Yes. The tallest one was literally 6'6. Mans a bloody giant. I'd had a couple of interactions with him, since we shared a couple of classes together. His name is Mark. I don't know why I remember that. I also remember he's also pretty damn good-looki-

Y/N, shut up before I shatter your kneecaps and punt you into a lake.

I shake my head, trying to focus as we get into our positions. 

"Alright ladies, let's win this."

═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═

Jeez-

Even for a practise game, this was intense. We were tied 23-23. Two more points and we win.

I panted, observing the movements of the opposite team, my eye following the ball. Then, a voice draws my attention.

"Hey cutie, what're you doing tonight?"

My gaze is drawn to Mark, the guy from my classes. I tilt my head to the side and furrow my brows in a questioning manner, in which he nods. I was so, just- bewildered by the dude's flirting, I don't notice the ball flying towards me.

"Y/N, THE BALL! THE BALL!" The outside hitter yelled at me.

'Shit-'

My hands skimmed the ball.

'I'm sorry, but WHAT?'

"Sorry guy, I'll try to focus more." I call.

I turn back to that Mark guy and give him a look. In response, he winks at me. He WINKS at me. At me. He's only doing this to ME. HE'S TARGETING ME! They smirk and wink at me again, making my face flush a light shade of pink. Okay, yes, I will admit, the guy is pretty attractive, but now? Of all times? Not in the middle of a game! Flirt with me after! I shake my head and sigh, readying myself. 

'Wait- that gives me an idea-'

(Mark's P.O.V)

I grin, knowing I did my team a favour. 'Tactical Flirting' is what we called it. I look at my friend who just blocked a spike and he nods at me with approval. But, there's something else written on his face. A sly, teasing look. I look back at the shorter girl, and my heart stops for a second.