𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❝ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓈 ❞

🌻

Silence. Not a single sound disturbed the city of San Francisco as the heated colours of dusk rippled through the tranquil water that surrounded it.

Out of the blue seconds later, however, the sound of shooting and the rumbling of an engine shook the peaceful atmosphere away.

An immaculately white aircraft sailed through the sky, burning crimson lasers spilling out as they aimed for a streak of blue that zoomed over the buildings.

The strip of azure light that illuminated the road effortlessly avoided the attacks from behind, the breath of the creature it belonged to increasing in pace as panic rose in his chest.

He could sense the vehicle levitating above him, keeping his emerald gaze focused on what was ahead. Explosions rumbled from behind, flames rippling into the road.

So, I know what you're thinking. Why is that incredibly handsome hedgehog being chased by a mad man with a mustache from the civil war?

Well, to be honest, it feels like I've been running my whole life.

The hedgehog continued to speed down the maze of roads creating the city, feet sliding on the ground as he swerved the corners.

Is this too much? Am I going too fast? It's kinda what I do.

You know what? Let's back up.

🌻

A tranquil island peeked out of the gentle waves of the cerulean ocean. Golden sunlight dazzled over the mountains, tropical trees and bright green checkered grass creating tranquillity. Crystal clear water rippled against areas of land dusted with creamy sand as a familiar streak of blue swirled through a looped shape in the ground.

This is the island where I'm from.

It had everything: sandy beaches, cascading waterfalls, public access to loop-de-loops.

And I never had to catch a school bus because I could run across the entire island in less than two seconds.

Also, there was no school. I know, pretty sweet island, right?

Small feet harshly patted against the luscious grass, as the cobalt ball of quills unfolded to reveal our hedgehog friend, but as a child.

He flew through the cloudless sky as the loop came to an end, acting like a slide as he released an innocent squeal of entertainment. He bounced between the mountains and hills like a fluffy pinball, heading home at great speed.

I was born with extraordinary powers, and was told to keep them secret. And like any kid, I did the exact opposite.

Our friendly ball of blue fuzz slowed down from his movement of incredible speed, the streak of azure glow dissolving into the evening light as he rolled over a bridge. He gently bounced into a wooden hut, knocking into the large chestnut owl peacefully sleeping inside.

That's Longclaw, she took care of me. She was basically Obi-Wan Kenobi, if Obi-Wan Kenobi had a beak and ate mice.

The regal bird, Longclaw, shook her head in surprise as her hedgehog companion giggled on the floor.

"Sonic, someone could've seen you!" she warned.

Sonic continued to chuckle with confidence.

"No one saw me. I'm too fast!" he exclaimed, feet patting the wooden ground at a great pace to demonstrate this to his guardian.