𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

❝ 𝒾 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓂 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 ❞

⚾️

Excited footsteps zipped through the woods, coming to an abrupt stop as the source of the crunching of the leaves across the ground noticed something.

"Whoa, the play-offs." Sonic whispered, mesmerized as he held onto the trunk of a nearby tree to hide himself from the action his emerald orbs could see happening on the baseball field.

He yearned to be closer, closer towards the game he wished he could take part in. Sonic smiled as he zipped alongside the stacks of seats taken up by many residents to see what was happening on the field, peeking between them.

He came to a stop at the perfect place, amazed green gaze staring between the people in awe. Cheering filled the humid breeze that whipped between the seats, children shrieking with joy as the ball sailed through the air.

Sonic couldn't keep his eyes away from the game, so hypnotized by the effortless movement of the players as they ran where they could while the ball was still drifting past the tranquil blue of the sky.

His smile continued to grow, chin resting on his hands as he observed the children laughing together. That's all he wanted, more than anything. Someone to talk to. Someone to laugh with. Someone he could share his feelings with.

Someone to be his friend.

All of a sudden, however, Sonic quickly became distracted from the game that took place just inches away from him. His emerald gaze jumped to the path that surrounded the fenced off field, heartbeat increasing so it felt like it could burst from his chest at any second.

Someone familiar was walking past, turning to face the game a few times when she wasn't examining the movements of her phone's screen that glistened in the strong sunlight.

Speaking of sunlight, it was "Sunshine", attire resembling uniform as she wandered home past the baseball field, a (f/c) bag in one hand and a mobile in the other.

Sonic gasped as her gaze turned towards the field to observe the action just like he was, burying himself under the seats further so she hopefully wouldn't notice him. He was aware how much his cerulean quills stood out against the beige background, and although all he desired to do was talk to (Y/n) he still kept himself hidden.

He didn't want to put anyone in danger, especially not (Y/n).

Sonic took a deep sigh of relief as she vanished into the woods on the other side of the field, a hand holding his fluffy chest to feel his pounding heartbeat return to normal (which, mind you, was still pretty fast).

⚾️

Night had fallen, a blanket of darkness shielding the sky as stars twinkled against the sheet of black. Lights flickered on to illuminate the grass as cars skidded away from the baseball field.

Sonic remained underneath the seats, emerald orbs scanning his surroundings to ensure everyone was gone before making his next move.

He smiled, fluffy blue legs swinging over the steps to enter the field. He slowly wandered across the irradiated grass, the colour of lime green becoming visible as he entered the centre of the field.

Sonic spun on his heels, smile beaming across his adorable face as his glistening green eyes stared across the open land that called for him to play just one game.

"So cool." He whispered to himself in awe, admiring the field's beauty while smirking towards a sports bag he noticed tossed to the side as a brilliant idea entered his thoughts.