𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

❝ 𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ❞

💫

Sonic's journey to a destination he could honestly admit he had no clue where to in (Y/n)'s arms came to an end. He slid his fluffy blue body out of her grip as Tom opened the entrance to the attic.

(Y/n) gently placed Sonic onto the creaky floorboards, his little face clearly confused as he frantically scanned the room once his feet met the ground.

He focused on Tom and (Y/n) to keep calm, who remained peeking out from the gap in the floor that lead to the rest of the house.

Just a single glance to (Y/n) made the increasing pace of the rise and fall of his chest die down...

"Alright, stay here. And be quiet." Tom instructed Sonic, the little hedgehog's face lighting up as if the Donut Lord's words were a flame to a candle.

"Good plan, great plan. We're already working so well together! Practically finishing each other's sentences!" Sonic shrieked happily, a smile from (Y/n) but a confused look from Tom being the final thing he saw before the attic's entrance became a part of the floor.

"Okay, bye." He sighed, still staring at the floor as if it would magically cause the humans to reappear.

(Y/n) followed her father downstairs, a little trepidation kicking in as the sound of the truck's engine exhaling filled the breeze that rippled the nearby ocean of trees.

Tom swung the door open, greeting the figure who stepped out of the vehicle with a little confusion thriving in his welcoming. (Y/n) decided to stay out of this part, heading over to the kitchen to think about Sonic hiding in terror in the attic.

I hope everything's gonna be okay for him.

I wanna make sure he's okay.

He will be okay. I know it.

💫

Sonic was panicking once again. His breaths shook his quivering body as he curled up into a cerulean ball of fuzz. His quills poked out into the darkness of the attic as the rest of his body remained rolled up into a crevice between the hundreds of storage boxes.

The humming was back. The monotone, mysterious, monstrous buzzing from the egg-shaped machines. They floated through an open window leading through the roof of the house and into somewhere Sonic hoped would keep him safe.

But with no success at this point.

"Okay, I'm a ball. Just a normal ball. I'm blending in like a ball. Stop talking. No, you stop talking. Be quiet, Sonic. You be quiet, Sonic!" Sonic whispered to himself, trembling emerald orbs now peeking out from between his quills to see the drones.

They drifted around the room, like floating eyeballs waiting to catch a glimpse of our terrified blue friend. Red light shot out of them, the volume of the humming increasing as they approached Sonic whilst scanning the area.

"Oh, I hope they aren't scanning me with X-Rays, I had kind of an embarrassing lunch." Sonic muttered, another drone sliding through the window and hovering extremely close to him.

"Don't freak out. Don't freak- Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Don't freak out." He stuttered under his shaking breath, the lasers just inches away from him.

"I'm freaking out!" Sonic screamed, leaping out of the gap in the storage boxes and rolling into the small amount of open space.

He remained as a fluffy blue ball, knocking into the squeaky floorboards that allowed the attic door to swing open. Sonic plopped onto the staircase, rolling down the steps as he remained in the uncomfortable scrunched up shape.