𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❝ 𝓌𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒹𝑜𝓊𝒷𝓉 ❞

🚔

Illumination from a small light bulb consumed the room, the sound of pen scraping paper echoing in the otherwise silence.

(Y/n) "Sunshine" Wachowski was perched gently at her desk, worksheets from her productive day of school scattered across it as she brushed her (h/c) hair back to continue.

She released in a deep sigh, smiling as she examined her completed homework. The sound of the driveway's gravel crunching outside alerted her to her father's return from his police duties, her smile growing as the timing couldn't have been any more convenient.

(Y/n)'s (e/c) orbs sparkled with excitement as they connected to the vehicle pulling up outside her bedroom window, lights elucidating the stones the wheels rumbled across as her father bipped the horn.

As she turned her body in exhilaration, her gaze captured something unusual. Something mysterious. Something bizarre.

Her body froze to spin back to face her window, fingertips gripping the windowsill to lean closer to the glass to provide her with a clearer view.

(Y/n) blinked a couple times, the thought of seeing a streak of blue zipping within the woods leaving her mind with a simple shake of her head.

That was weird...

Haven't I seen that before?

Without another thought, she dashed downstairs, grin still growing and anticipation beginning to bubble inside her as she heard her father's irritated voice from the other side of the door.

"Hey! No, no! Oh, come on! Get out of there! Get out of there, you trash pandas!" Her father grumbled, opening and slamming the door closed seconds after entering the house so the raccoons making a feast of their garbage wouldn't scurry behind.

"Maddie, as Green Hills most respected veterinarian, what is the fastest way to exterminate a racoon?" He continued, smiling at the presence of his daughter behind him.

"Dad!" (Y/n) greeted her father, Tom "Donut Lord" Wachowski, as he swirled to face her and the two of them embraced.

Ozzy, their dopey golden retriever, wandered behind them. His tail slowly waggled with pleasure at his master's return, slouching beside Tom.

"Hi, Ozzy! Hello! You're glad to see me? You don't eat garbage, do you?" Tom cooed to his loving dog, hands ruffling the mane of golden fur that hung beside Ozzy's smiling face.

(Y/n)'s mother and Tom's wife, Maddie "Pretzel Lady" Wachowski, appeared from within the kitchen area of the open living room, something very important and life changing in her grasp.

She smiled and tapped the envelope in one hand against the palm of the other, increasing the anticipation that circulated throughout the family as Tom noticed.

"What's that? Is that what I think it is?" He questioned nervously, rising from greeting his dog that now sat panting beside (Y/n).

Maddie nodded. "Open it."

"It's kinda small, is that bad?" Tom continued with anxiety, taking the envelope and examining the miniscule text printed on the front.

"Just... open it." Maddie replied with reassurance.

(Y/n) patted Ozzy on the head before joining her parents in the kitchen. She stood beside her mother as her father dug his fingers into the paper across the counter.

Tom took a deep breath, azure eyes scrunched closed until he had composed himself to read aloud what was now in front of him.

"Dear Thomas, we have reviewed your application to the San Francisco Police Department, and pending inter departmental review and background check, we are happy to inform you that you have been selected to join our team." His voice increased in volume as the monotone approach became absolute shock.