𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

❝ 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝑔𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 ❞

🍺

Gravel crackled and crickets whistled. Darkness consumed the sky accompanied by only a few sparkles of twinkling starlight.

The glistening silver truck slowed down, crunching the ground with its monstrous wheels as Tom directed the vehicle away from the road that ran on for miles and miles.

A door slid open as Tom slowly excited the vehicle, scanning the area before making his way to the other side of the truck.

The window of the opposite side remained open, (Y/n)'s drowsy expression and Sonic's hyper smile only just being visible through the exposed interior within the night's blackness.

"Alright, I'm gonna go check in with Wade, see if he knows what's going on." Tom whispered to his daughter and fluffy blue companion.

"You're gonna see Wade in that glass thing? What is it? A teleportation box?" Sonic questioned, remaining perched on (Y/n)'s lap as his emerald gaze could just catch a glimpse of a payphone that illuminated the paving in the distance.

Tom turned to where Sonic gestured towards, hands remaining pressed against the car door.

"It's a pay phone. It's mostly for drug dealers and fugitives from the law, which is us." He explained, the crunching of gravel returning to fill the air as he headed for said payphone.

"Stay in the car. I don't want anybody seeing you." Tom instructed Sonic as he became a figure in the distance.

"Ugh, fine." Sonic groaned, pouting as his spiky body slid down (Y/n)'s chest accompanying crossed arms.

He could feel the rise and fall of her chest. He could hear her dazed breathing. He couldn't feel tension in her grip across his tummy anymore.

Sonic turned to see (Y/n) dozing calmly behind him, hands now flopped to her sides as the ability to manoeuvre them became a victim to slumber. Her breathing couldn't have a more peaceful rhythm, passing the infectious feeling of sleepiness onto our little blue friend.

Aw, she looks so cu- Ah, stop!

Sonic sighed, no longer admiring the snoozing (Y/n) as he curled up on her lap as her chest became a pillow. He carefully placed his head in a position that couldn't cause his prickly quills to disturb her. His hands rested under his fluffy cheek, legs also wrapped around in a comfortable stance.

Sonic's emerald eyes flickered closed, breathing becoming just as peaceful as his human companion's as he could feel his usually adrenaline filled body relax.

Just as Sonic thought he had begun to take the trip into slumber, something disturbed him. A mixture of loud, ruckus-like noises seemed to suddenly echo through the open window of the car while allowing cool breezes to fly through.

Sonic groaned, gently lifting himself up so as not to awaken (Y/n). He climbed across to the driver's seat, shoes being just about dry as mud continued to crumble away from the sole.

His emerald gaze widened once he noticed the source of the racket, gripping the edge of the enclosed window as a shocked gasp filled the vehicle.

A mixture of crimson and golden luminance crossed the otherwise darkened ground from the night sky above. Rumbling of motorbikes and other vehicles vibrated the humid air that filled the adrenaline rushed atmosphere. Hundreds of people added to the racket as they poured out and in from the building labelled the Piston Pit. Sonic's emerald gaze widened as an amazed smile crossed his fluffy face.