𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

❝ 𝒾'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝑜𝓌𝓃 ❞

🐟

Glistening sunlight twinkled against the silver vehicle that sped down the open road. Clear blue skies observed the woodlands that surrounded the road running into the hills of the distance, Tom's truck darting past a cheerful sigh reading "Welcome to Green Hills".

"Alright, pal, you need to start talking right now." Tom demanded, hands sternly fixed to the steering wheel as he glared towards Sonic.

The little blue hedgehog remained on (Y/n)'s lap, her fingers wrapped around his chest as they kindly brushed the tufts of beige fluff. Her chin rested between the cerulean quills across his head, the gentle touch of his softened fur soothing her deep inside.

"Who are you? What are you?" Tom questioned.

"I'm a hedgehog, I feel like that's obvious. And I'm in big trouble." Sonic replied, ears drooping.

"Oh, you're in big trouble? You're not the one who punched some sort of government weirdo back there." Tom added.

"You think you have problems? I lost my rings!" Sonic continued, shuffling from his perfectly comfortable seat between (Y/n)'s legs to raise himself higher to see eye to eye with the Donut Lord.

"Rings? What are you talking about?" (Y/n) asked, calmer than her father as the soothing tone in her voice caused Sonic's anxiety about the whole situation to wither away.

"Okay, rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds, and now mine are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skin tight t-shirt." Sonic explained, turning to Tom so his emerald gaze could stare him down to emphasise the final few words.

Tom's mouth opened for just a second, his reply crumbling while stuck in his throat before he turned from Sonic to face the journey in progress.

"So, I'd like you to take me to San Francisco, so I can get back my rings and use them to go to the Mushroom planet." Sonic requested, emerald orbs glimmering with desparation as his gaze shifted between the two humans pleadingly.

Tom sighed, not believing a single word. "Mushroom planet?"

"Yes!" Sonic replied as if it was obvious with the weight of the life and death situation tugging at the lonesome word.

"Right." Tom sighed, the bolting speed of the vehicle slowing down as the wheels of the truck bounced up to a curb.

It came to a stop as Tom aggressively opened the door beside Sonic and his daughter. The little blue hedgehog turned to face the source of the bitter breeze that blew towards him, a frown carved into his fluffy face.

All he could see was a marshy landscape that stretched as far into the distance that his sparkling green eyes could manage. Nothing but thin strips of grass spiked from within the depths of the mud that spread in perfect rows like the road that ran aside it.

"Okay, pal. Out you go." Tom instructed.

"I'm sorry, what?" Sonic questioned innocently.

"Why?" (Y/n) added.

"Look, this is the worst possible time for me to get myself into trouble, okay? You asked me to save your life, I saved your life. Now please, go find your rings, and your Mushroom land." Tom explained.

"Hopefully I'm gonna wake up in the hospital bed, and the doctor's gonna tell me that my colonoscopy was a big success. Okay? So, goodbye." He continued, still believing this was all a dream as he wished Sonic farewell.