𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

❝ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 ❞

🌆

Wheels skidded against the road, the deep turquoise colouring of the car shimmering in the evening light as it swerved the corners.

(Y/n) held her head with one hand and her stomach with another, her head throbbing and stomach churning in unbearable discomfort. The car took a final turn, bouncing atop the curb causing (Y/n) to feel like her travel sickness of the last few minutes would all burst out at once.

Sonic smirked with gloved hands to the wheel in achievement from what he assumed to be an accurate and safe place to leave the battered vehicle.

"And... perfect park." He chuckled, swinging the scraped door without a thought of any other cars possibly speeding past at the time.

"Is there anything you didn't hit?" (Y/n) groaned, slipping out of the vehicle's scratched doors towards the pavement after her mother while keeping the nausea inside.

"Why did we let the alien drive?" Maddie agreed, guiding her daughter to the safety of the path as Tom exited the seat beside his reckless hedgehog companion.

"Hey, I got us here. And please, five stars." Sonic chuckled, leaning his elbows to the roof of the thrashed vehicle before zipping down to join his human companions.

(Y/n) felt the kicking in her stomach become more of a warm tingle. A warm tingle that said she was happy to see what now stood before her.

The Transamerica building. Glorious to see, standing proud as its tip of immaculate whiteness looked tall enough to poke the pure blue sky.

This was it, the building she had been longing to see for the last few days. The last few days that felt like they could go on forever, but like everything she knew it would come to an end.

And that end was now, which made the tickle of her stomach become more of an anxious nibble to her from the inside. It meant the end of the most thrilling journey of her life, but most importantly, it meant the end of her time with Sonic.

She didn't want to be selfish. She knew she needed to let him go to keep him safe. She wanted to try and keep hidden in Green Hills, but she knew that wouldn't be right.

She was going to miss him - the energetic ball of sparkling energy that unravelled into a charming little hedgehog that had captured her heart the second he raised himself from the cage and spoke his first trembling words to her.

(Y/n) was grateful to him, and believed that everything that had happened was meant to. It was fate for her to meet the blue streak she noticed out of her bedroom window every night or so. It was fate for her to build a connection to him she never wanted to break.

But this was it...

"So, this is it?" Sonic questioned, hands to his hips and practically voicing (Y/n)'s thoughts with his emerald orbs examining the monstrous tower before him.

"That's it. That's your pyramid." Tom stated.

"Wow! Look at that thing." Sonic smiled absentmindedly in awe.

"What happens now?" Maddie asked, although she stumbled backwards seconds through the question as Sonic sped off towards the enticing pyramid.