𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

❝ 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝒹𝑔𝑒𝒽𝑜𝑔𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉 𝒶𝓈 𝓅𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 ❞

🌉

The unbearable churning of (Y/n)'s stomach came to a standstill once the infamous Golden Gate Bridge came into view. Wind swept against her relieved face, her father's truck that no longer possessed a roof speeding down the final stretch into San Francisco.

(Y/n)'s fingers continued to tickle Sonic's chest, his unconscious head remaining within her lap with the prickling of his quills brushing against her knees.

But she didn't care. All she cared about was his safety. All she wanted was for him to be okay, and awaken from the explosion that repeatedly played in her mind.

Tom slammed against the brakes, the truck coming to a halt as panicked breaths continued to escape his tightened chest. (Y/n) smiled once her Aunt Rachel's house came into view, hands becoming busy to wrap Sonic in the blanket he laid atop of beside her.

Tom leapt out of the driver's seat, swinging open the door beside (Y/n) leading to the entrance of Rachel's house as Sonic became a bundle in her arms.

"Come on." He sighed, (Y/n) sliding from within the vehicle and passing the slice from the laser that still ran where the roof used to be.

Sonic nestled against her chest once again, but (Y/n) only wanted the feeling when he was awake. Alive. Energetic. She made sure to keep him hidden, her father pounding his fist against the door as the two of them approached.

The door swung open, revealing Rachel along with a sarcastic smile. "No, no, no. Not today. Goodbye."

Tom groaned in shock as the door slammed closed against his shoulder, pushing him back. (Y/n) pressed herself against the door with hope to keep it open, Sonic's head gently holding it in place.

"I beg you, Rachel. No, it's an emergency-"

"Bye bye." Rachel screamed through the slither of light that remained to the entrance of the building.

"Would you stop? Open it please. Maddie! Don't do this to me please. It's important." Tom shrieked from behind.

"Mom! It's an emergency!" (Y/n) called, just being able to see her mother approaching in confusion.

"Oh my God. Rachel let him in!" Maddie shouted, knocking her sister away from the door to allow it to open fully.

"I am calling the police. No, I am calling the FBI. I am calling the CIA. I am calling someone!" Rachel continued to vent, the guests to her house not paying attention.

"Don't do that-" Tom interrupted.

"I'm calling your mother!"

"Okay. Got it." Maddie prevented the argument from progressing.

"Maddie, can we just-"

"Tom, what's going on? You're all over the news. I've been trying to call you!" Maddie panicked.

"I had to ditch my phone so they couldn't track me." Tom explained.

"Track? You?" The sisters repeated in perplexed unison.

"Uncle Tommy! Cousin (Y/n)!" came an overjoyed voice, footsteps pattering against the wooden floorboards in excitement.

"Jojo!" Tom replied with a fake chuckle to Rachel's daughter, her arms flinging around his waist in an affectionate hug.

"Now your niece is an accessory to treason! Are you happy?" Rachel shouted, grasping Jojo's shoulders to pull her away from her uncle she hated the guts of.