One

Hey guys,
I literally started writing this story last night and I only have one chapter but before I continue I wanted to know what you guys think? This would be the first time I've wrote that follows the previous episode as one of my stories.
No trigger warnings as of yet but I'll add them as necessary or if needed.
Happy reading!
Nat xx

Toni couldn't shake off the feeling she had after seeing Cheryl at the Whyte Wyrm this evening.

There was something off.

Something different.

She just couldn't put her finger on it.

'You coming to bed babe?' Fangs asked, 'Anthony has finally gone to sleep'.

'Yeah I'll be right there,' Toni said, her eyes still glued on herself in the mirror.

She finished brushing her teeth and headed to the bedroom she shared with Fangs to see him already laid in bed.

'You okay?' He asked as Toni crawled into bed, being the Serpent queen, small business owner and new mother was tiring.

'Yeah...' she started, 'I just can't help feeling something isn't right with Cheryl'.

Fangs let out a breath, 'I'm sure she's fine, do we really have to talk about your ex right now?'

'You're right,' Toni said turning over and facing her back to her boyfriend.

'Come on T, I wasn't being insensitive, she's probably just upset that you've moved on with your life'.

'Yeah... I'm going to sleep. Goodnight,' Toni said reaching over and switching off her lamp.

She felt Fangs arm wrap around her body.

It was normal for people in a relationship to do that so why did she feel so... uncomfortable.

—————

The next morning she awoke to the baby crying, Fangs arm was still draped over her almost suffocating her.

Or at least that's how it felt.

What was going on with her?

She slid out of bed careful not to wake the sleeping man beside her and headed to her baby's room.

'Hey little man,' she whispered as she picked up her son who calmed down almost immediately.

She did her normal routine of getting her son clean and fed before having a quick tidy around the apartment.

She had work in an hours, it was tiring but it kept her busy.

Her mind moved to Cheryl again.

Stop it.

You've moved on with your life and so has she.

She didn't need rescuing anymore.

Not by me anyway.

It's no longer my place.

Her thoughts were buzzing through her mind faster than she could comprehend.

Something wasn't right, she could feel it in her bones.

She didn't have any longer to think about it though, she had to get ready to leave.

'Fangs, I have to go to work. Anthony is having a nap,' Toni said waking up the still sleeping man.

He groaned as he cracked one of his eyes open.