Fourteen

Hey everyone!
I hope you are all well. I thought I'd update again since I'm working Friday-Tuesday so I won't get time to write or update. If I manage to write more tonight I may update again tomorrow but no promises. Thank you again for all of the comments on this story, knowing you're enjoying it makes me want to write it even more!
Have a great day/evening/night wherever you are, here in England it's currently night but I don't really sleep so I'm really hoping I can get at least one chapter done!
Anyways happy reading & let me know what you think :)
Nat xx

Thomasina ran and as she feared Abigail wasn't behind her, she hesitated for a moment, she had a baby that had to be protected but she also needed to protect her lover.

She ran into Thornhill with Anthony still wrapped in a blanket finding the nearest closet and carefully hiding him inside.

On her way back out she picked up a iron fireplace poker and rushed to where she last left Abigail.

The sky was much darker now but she knew her way around and the moonlight was bright enough to see her surroundings a little.

Her heart rate increased when she saw Fenn on top of Abigail, his hands tight around her neck.

The redhead looked lifeless.

No.

By the time Fenn looked up she hit him hard with the fire poker, there was a loud crack as it came into contact with his skull.

He fell forward but Thomasina was quick to push his falling body off of Abigail.

'Abigail, my love please wake up,' Thomasina said leaning over her.

There was no response.

'Abigail please, I cannot lose you again, not like this'.

Thomasina shook her gently but nothing changed.

A sob left the brunettes lips as she pulled her lovers lifeless body up and cradled her in her arms.

This wasn't suppose to happen.

They were suppose to go into the afterlife together.

The tears blurred her sight but that didn't matter, the sadness in her was so deep it physically hurt.

'I am so sorry Abigail. I should never have left you. I love you'.

Thomasina held the redheads body tightly, what was she going to do now?

Suddenly Abigail shot up, a loud gasp for air filling the silence before she began to cough.

'Abigail,' Thomasina said as relief washed over her, 'my love are you okay?'

Abigail gripped Thomasina's arm as if she was holding on for her life but she nodded.

'We need to go, can you walk?' Thomasina said after placing numerous kisses on Abigail's face.

Abigail nodded again, her face was tear stained but she was alive.

'Okay come on,' Thomasina said, she wanted to check over Abigail but right now they had to get out of here.

'The baby,' Abigail croaked.

'He is inside,' Thomasina said as she helped Abigail to her feet, 'we have to get him and then leave'.

Abigail nodded, her legs were wobbly but she pushed through it turning around to look at Fenn as they walked away, 'is he... dead?'

'I do not believe so,' Thomasina said, her arms wrapped around Abigail as she guided her inside, 'but I am unsure'.