Twelve

Hey!
I thought I'd do one last update before I go back to work. I hope I can update at least once more this week but I'm working 12 hour shifts for the next five days/nights booo! I hope one day I can write my own books and I can do this for a living. It would be nice lol.
Anyway I just wanted you to know the reason I may not update again this week.
I hope you enjoy this chapter, thank you for all of the comments & love on this story.
Have a great rest of your day and happy reading!
xx

'Brittania,' Thomasina called as she knocked on the teenagers bedroom door but there was no answer.

She knocked again but she still didn't get a reply.

'What's wrong my love?' Abigail asked as she approached Thomasina with baby Anthony in her arms.

'Brittania...' Thomasina started but before she could finish Abigail banged against the wood.

There was obviously no answer so Abigail twisted the door knob and pushed open the door.

'She's entitled to her privacy,' Thomasina said quietly.

Abigail looked at her but peered into the room anyway, they had called for her multiple times.

'Did she return from school?' Abigail asked pushing them door further open and stepping inside.

'I thought I heard her,' Thomasina said, 'although I am unsure'.

Abigail and Thomasina checked downstairs but Britta was still no where in sight.

'What shall we do?' Thomasina asked.

'I will go to the school. Brittania took me there to meet Toni. Take the babe, I will be back,' Abigail said handing over Anthony.

The redhead left Thornhill in search of Britta, she needed the air anyway after her emotional break down earlier.

—————

'Cheryl'.

Abigail turned in the school hallway to see the descendant of Beatrice Cooper, she stayed calm for Thomasina.

'Yes?'

'Have you seen Toni? She didn't turn up for work today,' Betty asked.

'I cannot recall,' Abigail shrugged, she owed this woman nothing.

'Look I know you're still upset about what my ancestor did to yours but that's in the past. I haven't been the best cousin but I was hoping we could make amends?'

'Excuse me?' Abigail's face scrunched up in disgust, 'cousin?'

'Yeah...' Betty said, 'and Veronica told me that you and Toni may be trying again'.

'I am unsure what business that is of yours,' Abigail said as she crossed her arms.

'It's not, I just wanted you to know I'm happy for you'.

Abigail nodded her head, she was over this conversation.

That was until the blonde turned to walk away and Abigail thought about Brittania.

'Oh...' Abigail said causing Betty to turn around.

The redhead couldn't quite remember the blondes name.

'...Betty,' the blonde frowned.

'Betty. Of course. Did you happen to see Brittania today?'

'She was here but left to go home. Why?'

'She has not arrived back at Thornhill yet but I suppose teenagers will be teenagers,' Abigail said trying to play it off.

'I can help you look for her if you'd like?' Betty offered.