Twenty Three

Hi everyone!
Sorry it took so long to update, life gets busy sometimes. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me know what you think and if you're still interested in reading this story.
Happy reading!
Nat xx

Ps I published a story back in February that was going to be a Choni story but wasn't, if you have Amazon kindle unlimited go check it out. You're support means the world to me! Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Are-we-more-than-friends-ebook/dp/B09T1QR1MV/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=28GBYAFG4TF9I&keywords=are+we+more+than+friends&qid=1654007340&s=digital-text&sprefix=%2Caps%2C89&sr=1-1

Anyway on to the story...

'Toni...' Cheryl said as she stepped outside, 'can we talk?'

'I suppose I will leave you to it,' Abigail said giving Cheryl a small smile before walking back into the mansion.

'I'm sorry for worrying you,' Cheryl said as she stopped next to the brunette.

'I'm sorry for the way I reacted, I didn't know you could control your powers,' Toni said, 'you should sit down'.

'I don't need to,' Cheryl said, 'Thomasina healed me. I'm not quite sure how but she is a powerful witch... like you'.

'She healed you?' Toni asked in shock.

'Yeah...' Cheryl said lifting up her shirt to show Toni the scar that now replaced the wound.

Toni couldn't stop herself from reaching forward and running her fingers over the scar causing Cheryl's skin to erupt in goosebumps.

'Does it hurt?' Toni asked in almost a whisper.

'No,' Cheryl said matching the brunettes tone.

Out of nowhere Toni threw her arms around the redhead and pulled her in a tight hug, something she'd been desperate to do since Cheryl woke up in the hospital.

The redhead froze for a moment before allowing herself to relax in Toni's arms.

'Sorry...' Toni said awkwardly as she pulled away.

'It's all right,' Cheryl said, things were still difficult to navigate and neither of them knew what exactly they were doing, 'we should probably head back inside, if you want to'.

'Yeah, let's try and fix this mess,' Toni said.

The pair walked into Thornhill together and found Abigail and Thomasina in the lounge waiting for them.

'Are you ready? I assume Fenn knows magic is back,' Thomasina said.

'Are we doing this now?' Toni asked.

'Yes, we think that is for the best,' Abigail said.

'What do we need to do?' Cheryl asked.

'We need to make sure he is restrained long enough for us to cast him out,' Abigail said.

'Isn't he already restrained?'

'He was but I will assume that he has freed himself. I just hope he has not escaped,' Abigail said.

'You're joking right?'

'I am afraid not Cheryl, this is why we need to move quickly'.

'Okay,' Cheryl said.

'Follow me,' Abigail said, 'and be prepared, anything can happen'.

Cheryl and Toni followed Abigail and Thomasina through Thornhill until they reached the underground chapel.