Nineteen

Hey everyone!
I hope you're all doing good! I thought I'd update since I can't sleep (nothing much different for me, I can never sleep). Please let me know what you think! Also as an fyi there is some violence in this chapter.
Happy reading! xx

The evening rolled in and the four women were in the lounge getting ready to walk the grounds of Thornhill in hopes of finding Fenn.

Cheryl couldn't help being slightly nervous, all of this was a little daunting and she had no idea how this was going to turn out.

'You okay?' Toni whispered.

'Yeah,' Cheryl said with a nod.

'Are we ready?' Thomasina asked.

They nodded as they gripped their weapons in their hands, hopefully they wouldn't need them but that was unlikely.

Cheryl had her archery set at the ready, Toni and Abigail had knifes from the kitchen while Thomasina opted for the iron fire poker.

'Okay let's go,' Thomasina said opening the door out of the mansion.

The four of them searched every inch of the grounds with no luck, the sounds of animals made them jump every now and again since they were on edge.

'He's not here,' Toni said as they finished searching the graveyard.

The full moon gave out enough light for them to see but there was no one lurking in the shadows.

'You don't think...' Abigail said quietly to Thomasina.

'No I don't think so, he wasn't where we left him when Archie came to get Roseanne,' Thomasina said as Toni and Cheryl walked a few yards in front of them.

'Then where is he Thomasina?'

'I do not know my love, but fear not we will find him'.

Abigail gave Thomasina a smile taking her lovers hand in her own.

'Do they always have to be so nauseating,' Cheryl said to Toni after looking behind her.

'They're in love Cheryl,' Toni said with a small smile, 'it's cute'.

'It is not cute'.

Toni bumped Cheryl with her shoulder in hopes of getting a smile and she was successful.

'We should head back inside,' Thomasina called, 'we will try again tomorrow'.

The four women headed back to Thornhill, Cheryl and Toni stepping inside first followed closely by Thomasina and Abigail.

'Well that flopped,' Toni said.

'We could not be sure it would work,' Thomasina said, 'we will try again tomorrow'.

'Well well well...' a familiar voice said as he stepped out of the shadows, 'what do we have here?'

'Fenn,' Abigail said through gritted teeth as Cheryl aim her arrow at him with ease.

'Four of you. I cannot say I was expecting that although I recognise you,' Fenn said pointing to Toni, 'how wonderful is the universe Abigail? Putting the descendant of your beloved Thomasina with someone in my bloodline'.

Toni didn't miss the way Cheryl flinched at the man's words.

'So who are you?' Fenn said turning his attention to Cheryl, 'a Blossom obviously but what is your name?'

'Fuck you,' Cheryl spat.

'Feisty I like that,' Fenn smirked, 'how about you put the bow down before you hurt yourself'.