Nine

Hey everyone!
I hope you're all doing good. I wanted to upload this chapter yesterday but I didn't get around to it. I hope you all enjoy it, thank you for the comments, I love reading them!
Happy reading xx

When Cheryl didn't come back downstairs Toni decided to head up to check in.

She didn't think that Cheryl would take her relationship with Fangs that hard but she knows now that she was just telling herself that to make it easier.

Toni remembered how Cheryl reacted when she found out she was having a baby with Fangs and Kevin.

How could she think that she'd accept their relationship so easily?

Toni had no idea which bedroom belonged to Cheryl, most of the doors were ajar so she peered into each one until she found the one she was looking for.

She quietly pushed the door open, she couldn't actually see Cheryl but she knew she was under the comforter.

'Cheryl?' Toni said just above a whisper.

Toni watched as the comforter shifted and eventually Cheryl's head was visible.

'Toni, what are you doing in here?' Cheryl said, she'd wiped her eyes but it was no use the red around them showed she'd been crying.

'I wanted to check in. I can leave if you're uncomfortable with me being here?'

'I'm fine Toni,' Cheryl said, 'being here is just hard'.

It wasn't a lie but it wasn't why Cheryl was upset right now.

'Do you want to talk about it?' Toni asked.

'I don't need to burden you with my worries,' Cheryl said, 'I should get you back to your body. Back to your family'.

'Cheryl...' Toni said, she hesitated before taking a step forward, 'I want to help you get home too'.

'That's sweet Toni but I realise now that bringing you here was selfish. I can send you back. Anthony needs you. Thomasina is unaware of your relationship with Fangs and may have already ruined it for you. I won't allow another part of your life to be ruined because of me,' Cheryl said.

Toni let out a breath and sat down on the end of Cheryl's bed, 'you haven't ruined any part of my life Cher. I know things between us have been hard or awkward but I don't regret a second of my time with you'.

That was a lie.

Kind of.

There was one part Toni regretted.

The moment they went their separate ways.

'Toni, I'm not a good person. I come from a bloodline of bad people who do bad things'.

'Cheryl I knew you. I knew the deepest parts of your soul. You are not a bad person. You don't need to keep punishing yourself, you deserve to be happy'.

Cheryl just nodded but she didn't believe a word of what Toni had just said.

Everything she'd ever loved had been taken away from her, piece by piece.

And just when she thought it couldn't get any worse it did.

They sat there in silence for what felt like forever until Cheryl couldn't take it anymore.

'I suppose I should see what's going on in our Riverdale,' Cheryl said standing up and headed out of the room.

Toni nodded as she stood up, she followed the redhead downstairs.