Twenty Five

Hey everyone!
So I don't know how but I've wrapped this story up with this chapter and the epilogue! I want to start working on my original works and I just don't seem to have enough time to do everything I want to. I want to thank you to each and every one of you that read this story. Your comments always make me smile! Let me know what you think to the ending of this story!
I appreciate you all!
Happy reading!
Nat xx

'Cheryl's calling,' Toni said anxiously as she looked up at Tabitha.

'Are you avoiding her?' Tabitha asked.

'What? No, of course not'.

'Well answer it then,' Tabitha said as if it were obvious.

Toni nodded as she stood up with Anthony in her arms, she answered the call and put her phone to her ear.

'Hey Cheryl'.

'Yeah I can do that, I do have Anthony though'.

'Okay I'll meet you there in an hour'.

Toni hung up the phone before looking back at Tabitha, 'she wants to meet at the park'.

'Oh, why the park?'

'I don't know but she sounds kind of distant,' Toni said rubbing her temple with her spare hand.

'Well you haven't reached out, she probably thinks you're not interested anymore'.

'I told her that I chose her...' Toni said with a frown.

'Yeah but you went home with Fangs and you haven't contacted her since'.

'Shit, you're right,' Toni said, 'I need to get ready'.

'Okay, I'm going to work. Good luck,' Tabitha said with a smile before leaning in and giving Anthony a small kiss on his head.

'Bye,' Toni said before heading to the spare bedroom.

—————

Toni got to the park ten minutes early, she was sat at a bench cooing at Anthony as she waited, he was becoming much more aware of his surroundings and Toni loved seeing her baby boy grow.

When she saw Cheryl walking towards her she thought she might faint since she was so nervous.

'Hi,' Toni said awkwardly as she stood up.

'Hello,' Cheryl said with a tight smile before looking down at Anthony, 'hello precious boy'.

Her smile at the baby was genuine so Toni knew she was mad with her.

'Should we walk?' Cheryl said looking at the brunette.

'Erm sure,' Toni said as she pushed the stroller, although the situation was awkward it seemed very domestic and she couldn't deny she liked it.

No one spoke for a couple of minutes until Cheryl couldn't take the silence anymore, 'Fangs came to see me last night'.

'What!' Toni said snapping her eyes to the redhead.

'Why didn't you tell me what happened? You completely ghosted me,' Cheryl said.

'I know and I'm so sorry, I wasn't doing it intentionally I just wanted to break it to Fangs without it being an argument. Obviously I failed,' Toni said.

'Toni I need to know what you want, we're not teenagers anymore and I don't want to be part of a complicated love triangle,' Cheryl said with a sternness in her tone Toni wasn't sure if she'd heard before.

'I want you Cheryl,' Toni said stopping and taking one of the redheads hands in her own, 'I meant what I said'.

'Then you need to communicate with me more, no secrets. I don't want to be left waiting and wondering how long it's going to be until I hear from you again'.